• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Frankko777

Recruit
Oct 15, 2023
Hi, new to Hoi3 and having an issue. Im playing as México and trying to invade Cuba from a port in Quintana Roo but as soon as I move my fleet one tile away from the port my armies loose all fuel and supplies and my invasion fails. I want to aid the allies in the invasion of Japan islands but if I cant ferry supplies 2 tiles away from my mainland I doubt I can do It across the Pacific. What can I do to keep my armies conserve their supplies across large sea distances?? TY.

Are you upgrading the port throughput?

Both. Larger port, more through put, better tech, same.

Hi, new to Hoi3 and having an issue. Im playing as México and trying to invade Cuba from a port in Quintana Roo but as soon as I move my fleet one tile away from the port my armies loose all fuel and supplies and my invasion fails. I want to aid the allies in the invasion of Japan islands but if I cant ferry supplies 2 tiles away from my mainland I doubt I can do It across the Pacific. What can I do to keep my armies conserve their supplies across large sea distances?? TY.
Turn off auto-convoys & from the port you're intending to invade from (make sure it's a large port if possible), create a manual convoy to it & that should sort out your supply problem.

If you're intending to help the allies, then I'd suggest you get the more advanced transports with a 3500 miles range as early as possible, among other things.

The amphibious invasion order has "issues". Move the fleet adjacent to where you want to invade, then move the troops ashore. They should receive supplies upon landing. I'm assuming that you haven't turned off supply to the units, and have sufficient supplies in your stockpile and reaching the port which you're using as a launch point. The Supply overlay should show you whether you have enough supplies available at the port.

Several of the previous posts might be of help if you're sending a massive fleet and landing party, but not very helpful if you're only sending a couple of divisions and a handful of ships, but still not getting supplies.

As for invading Japan, your basic Transports don't have the range to reach Japan from Mexico directly (except for rebasing to a friendly port), so you either need the more advanced Landing Craft, or else grab an island somewhere along the way as a forward base. Note that the AI gets to cheat, and can launch an invasion from any distance without supply problems.