• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Pics or it didn't happen. :p

How easy is HoI4 to work with?

I am proud of my map work. I haven't see yet a mod with entirely new map. HOI4 is lot more complex and unless one has understanding of coding principles it's hopeless. DD was lot easier but was very limited compared to HOI4.
Technology/equipment about 75% done. Now adding basic focuses, ideas, decisions and first events.

I am proud of my map work. I haven't see yet a mod with entirely new map. HOI4 is lot more complex and unless one has understanding of coding principles it's hopeless. DD was lot easier but was very limited compared to HOI4.
Technology/equipment about 75% done. Now adding basic focuses, ideas, decisions and first events.

Sounds good, I wish you all the best!

Please how can I help I've been itching for a yugo wars/game since forever. I don't know how to do any fancy stuff, but I can find nice quality images, I can do texture editing and I am from the region

Too big for a single person to deliver. I failed to attract a team. I may strip out everything and just publish map as a mod if someone else wants to have a go at it.

Due to Corona lockdown I am actually playing now with DH again. :D Added about 200 new provinces to the map, converted game to 1.5.1 and slowly converting events to changes in execution engine. Just something to keep me busy.

I believe it is a mind game about how the Yugoslav wars weren't real because European conflicts were settled in WW2. Actual computer game creativity died in America around 2003. Only comparable engine is CivII's Yugoslav Wars scenario. Anyway, Slovenia needs to get got for starting the political fallout and former US SecState Albright should be exhumed and dumped in the desert.

Hi bro, do you have easy task for me? Not pro modder but i wish to help! This mod must pass Sarajevo Truce and up to Kosovo War 1998 :)
Thanks Tomo. I'll ping you once we are out of the mapping phase. We will certainly need some help testing things. Just before we started mapping things again game was progressing to Sarajevo Truce just fine with reasonably historic outcomes.

IMHO Kosovo wasn't really a war DH would be fun to model. Some planes dropping a lots of bombs on some targets. Boring... I rather have free (three) for all in 1995 as alternative. :)

Thanks Tomo. I'll ping you once we are out of the mapping phase. We will certainly need some help testing things. Just before we started mapping things again game was progressing to Sarajevo Truce just fine with reasonably historic outcomes.

IMHO Kosovo wasn't really a war DH would be fun to model. Some planes dropping a lots of bombs on some targets. Boring... I rather have free (three) for all in 1995 as alternative. :)
Ping me i will come to aid !! I will be sorry if this project fails, we really need to finish this.

Also we need more : VOLUNTEERS - JOIN US - PEOPLE help us to finish this great project !

What is the plan with the addition of new provinces? I saw a picture of Middle Bosnia doesn't it look a little overcrowded?
Isn't it better to add new provinces everywhere, cuz you'll have a lot of work to do..

Ping me i will come to aid !! I will be sorry if this project fails, we really need to finish this.

Also we need more : VOLUNTEERS - JOIN US - PEOPLE help us to finish this great project !

What is the plan with the addition of new provinces? I saw a picture of Middle Bosnia doesn't it look a little overcrowded?
Isn't it better to add new provinces everywhere, cuz you'll have a lot of work to do..

We have added provinces everywhere. However, focus was on Bosnia. Around Sarajevo and parts of Bosnia you will have to zoom right in to see provinces.
It will add a lot of realism to the game I think.

Hax is doing the final review of provinces and then I'll start adding additional map layers. I got more efficient with it than i was at the start. Hopefully it won't take too long. We'll keep you posted.

We have added provinces everywhere. However, focus was on Bosnia. Around Sarajevo and parts of Bosnia you will have to zoom right in to see provinces.
It will add a lot of realism to the game I think.

Hax is doing the final review of provinces and then I'll start adding additional map layers. I got more efficient with it than i was at the start. Hopefully it won't take too long. We'll keep you posted.
That will be great for realistic "Bosniak-Croat war" and for siege of Sarajevo.

It would be good to add more provinces around Vukovar (Bogdanovci, Ceric and Pacetin), for the most realistic environment and corridor towards Vukovar, it was a route for delivering weapons, ammunition and medical stuff to the defenders of Vukovar. If you have the will and the time to add it please do it :)