• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • I only do plots against people who are plotting against me already. Also, I never assassinate unless my character or his family is the target of an assignation attempt that I cant end,. Even if I were to benefit from the killing, I don’t do it.
  • Prisoners: Ransom those that can be ransomed. Free others.
  • No incest…. Don’t even like that its in the game. I don’t like religious wars but I would against the religions that allow it.
  • Always avoid the devil worshiping characters.
  • I never have my characters have extra marital affairs unless I find myself without a direct dynast heir.
  • I don’t expel the Jews.

• I only do plots against people who are plotting against me already. Also, I never assassinate unless my character or his family is the target of an assignation attempt that I cant end,. Even if I were to benefit from the killing, I don’t do it.
  • Prisoners: Ransom those that can be ransomed. Free others.
  • No incest…. Don’t even like that its in the game. I don’t like religious wars but I would against the religions that allow it.
  • Always avoid the devil worshiping characters.
  • I never have my characters have extra marital affairs unless I find myself without a direct dynast heir.
  • I don’t expel the Jews.
So you don't like holy wars, except against those religions who allow for them? Did i get it right?
Because that would only be Jainism and Taoism not allowing for them.

Well you sound like a swell guy... No murder, no holy war, no extra marital affairs, no sister-mother-father.
Not even Captain American plays more righteously ;P

So you don't like holy wars, except against those religions who allow for them? Did i get it right?
Because that would only be Jainism and Taoism not allowing for them.

Well you sound like a swell guy... No murder, no holy war, no extra marital affairs, no sister-mother-father.
Not even Captain American plays more righteously ;P
Kinda boring though

I don't expel the Jews, and I usually go to some lengths to preserve any multicultural makeup that exists within the realm. All that matters in my glorious empire is that you serve with loyalty.
I refuse to debase the coinage, and I usually pick options in events that support the peasantry and make their lives easier.
I never kill my wives that are unfaithful. I'll gladly imprison and banish them, but execution/murder is a bridge too far for me. Unless I catch them plotting against me/my family, then all bets are off.
I have no problems with seducing my sister, but aunt/niece and mother/daughter seduction just sits wrong with me.
If you're a random lowborn soldier who just happened to get captured in a war and nobody will ransom you, I'll almost always let you go free or even recruit you.
I refuse unilaterally to kill pregnant women, and I won't execute their infant children either.

Adding to my previous post:

I don't expell the Jews either, though i often ask individual Jews to leave my court as I'm paranoid about potential plot joining on their part.
I like to land the Rad Merchant when i can! :)

I don't usually care for other cultures, unless they have been a historically oppressed/had a bad time, then i feel responsable for them.

I have never have and cannot bring myself to get the cannibal trait. I tried, i had the option, but i just can't do it. I think about what it involves and have to flee the room to get some fresh air on the balcony :/

I don't kill bishops, but i ransom them because they clearly did something bad to end up in my prison.

I usually don't execute captured enemy commanders unless they are the most awesome grandmaster of a holy order. If i can't recruit them i at least hold onto them for the rest of the war.

I cannot bring myself to burn down churches in Rome. Or great works, if ever the AI managed to build any.

I cannot bring myself to burn down churches in Rome.
Funny reading that, as I literally just now have looted Rome to the ground in revenge for the pope's crusade against me.
If I could, I'd have looted the apostolic palace as well.
As a brave Norse Fylkir, I figure it'd make a lot of sense to loot infidel temples and holy sites, especially if I'm zealous or greedy.
I hadn't come to Rome yet though, as there is plenty of loot and holy sites between Scandinavia and Santiago.

Really surprised of how incent is more tolerated for so many than a relationship with the daugher/ son in law???

Also concerning culture convertion i take it as a change in the culture of the local population (civilized peasants?) rather than deposition and massacre. Although one can argue that this was many times not the case in actual history.

Really surprised of how incent is more tolerated for so many than a relationship with the daugher/ son in law???.
Because NTR is a trash fetish, but sibling incest is high-tier :p

Nope. Morality is weakness, there is only power. The master does what he wills and the servants suffer what they must.

Yeah, I guess my play style is pretty boring and vanilla.

To be clear, I do go to war for titles and land, and I do take advantage of game mechanics to this end. What I was meaning to say is that I don’t like to target other cultures based on religion, and avoid it if I can.

But as a rule I shoot up the Social Tolerance tree as soon as I can to minimize Wrong Religion and Wrong Culture and unlock gender equality laws. The practical effect is that I open my pool of able courtiers in the service of the realm. For me morally, I like a dynamic, inclusive, diverse, cosmopolitan society. So it’s a win. I do wish the tolerance tech also de-buffed homophobic sentiment as well as allowed gender equality and wrong culture. But maybe that is an opportunity for a mod.

Yeah, I guess my play style is pretty boring and vanilla.

To be clear, I do go to war for titles and land, and I do take advantage of game mechanics to this end. What I was meaning to say is that I don’t like to target other cultures based on religion, and avoid it if I can.

But as a rule I shoot up the Social Tolerance tree as soon as I can to minimize Wrong Religion and Wrong Culture and unlock gender equality laws. The practical effect is that I open my pool of able courtiers in the service of the realm. For me morally, I like a dynamic, inclusive, diverse, cosmopolitan society. So it’s a win. I do wish the tolerance tech also de-buffed homophobic sentiment as well as allowed gender equality and wrong culture. But maybe that is an opportunity for a mod.
It's alright, the beauty of it is that there's almost infinite ways to enjoy the game, and it's not as if there's a "wrong" playstyle, as long as you're having fun.
That said, I couldn't help but notice the irony in disliking religious wars in a game called Crusader Kings.