• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(585032)

Recruit
1 Badges
Nov 1, 2012
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
I bought this game on steam. It seems to run fine, but all the units keep stopping to move. The menues still respond, the water animation stays active, but the world stops updating.

Launched craft dont show up then, units dont move. It's just dead.

How to fix it?2

Upvote 0
Hi and welcome. You should extend your views of the threads in this tech. sub-forum to cover the last year or more.

Its sounds like you also have the freeze bug which seems to be effecting alot of people with this game. I could be wrong of course. It could be a different issue, but the symptoms sound the same.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

On the other hand I guess like others you will be waiting and hoping for news of a fix as a new DLC has been sighted on gamersgate.

Fingerscrossed.

Hi, thanks. Yes it seems the freeze bug is what i got too. So its well known and there is no fix, not good :/

Did i understand correctly that ill have to buy a DLC in the hope that it might fix the bug? Not a good marketing strategy, lol :D Obviously i wont spend more money on a game that i havent even been able to play once due to a gamebreaking bug.

How long is this bug known already?

Hi, thanks. Yes it seems the freeze bug is what i got too. So its well known and there is no fix, not good :/

Did i understand correctly that ill have to buy a DLC in the hope that it might fix the bug? Not a good marketing strategy, lol :D Obviously i wont spend more money on a game that i havent even been able to play once due to a gamebreaking bug.

How long is this bug known already?

Hi - the issue has been know about for a few months.

As for getting the DLC to fix it, this I dont know. What I actually meant was that since a DLC is on the horizon, there may be a fix available for it, possibly in a patch. At least that is what I and other would hope for.

3 diff missions crashed lastnight after the mem leak slowed em down to a stand still @ which time I had to give up once again. I really think this could be a good game if we could get some support on this matter.The forums tell a different story on the amount of folks having this issue. My machine is also way over the rec specs so its not that.

Developers are claiming that this bug only affects very small minority of players and they can't reproduce it. So I don't think this will be solved.

Hm, the 3d engine stops receiving game world updates but as the game one time "fast forwarded" after a while, moving everything to its actual positions, it seems the game logic itself is not frozen. So the problem is those 2 parts communicating with each other.

Doesnt sound like it should be impossible to reproduce and also it doesnt seem to be that rare. Oh well, i guess i got to be careful with Paradox Interactive titles in the future ;)

Hi - the issue has been know about for a few months.

As for getting the DLC to fix it, this I dont know. What I actually meant was that since a DLC is on the horizon, there may be a fix available for it, possibly in a patch. At least that is what I and other would hope for.

I hope there will be a patch fixing it. Was looking realy forward to playing it, reminded me of Janes Fleet Command.

I hope there will be a patch fixing it. Was looking realy forward to playing it, reminded me of Janes Fleet Command.

Well given the response you're not the only one. Im hoping too that the a fix is in the pipeline. Which is why I said originally "fingers-crossed".
Its a cracking game. Speaking of which I have Jane's CD somewhere. Ill have to see if I can get it to work on my old XP machine.

Well given the response you're not the only one. Im hoping too that the a fix is in the pipeline. Which is why I said originally "fingers-crossed".
Its a cracking game. Speaking of which I have Jane's CD somewhere. Ill have to see if I can get it to work on my old XP machine.

"Cracking" here being in the literal sense - it's broken. Add a save game and fix the crashing bug and I might actually play it, but the devs can go whistle if they expect me to buy a DLC when the base game doesn't even work.