• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lycrist Katkiller

Colonel
26 Badges
Feb 9, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Hi,

yes. I am annoying...

With 3.1.1 and the court improvement (yes, improvements) the behavior of children is no longer just annoying, it's becoming a problem

1. Children of parents, who you asked to leave, stay at your court
This one is the classic "problem" for court health and fertility but now they also add towards the limit. You may send them away to have them educated at some other court (this will remove them from your court) but it doesnt exaclty solve the problem

2. Whenever someone loses their last title, they and their spouse usually go to a new court together, but they children end up in random courts.
It makes sense to assume they ran away to different courts, but they should reunite later. It's especially weird that mothers leave their newborn infants

3. You can not pay ransom for your own children, if they are considered of a different court.
This does not happen much to the player I guess (and there is the free captives CB) but quite often, children end up in my dungeon whose parents could pay the ransom, but their host doesn't care for them and will pay

One time, and that was extremly stupid, I used the free captives CB to free my daughter and hoped to also free my grandchildren. However the abductor took my daughters and concubine and when she ended up in MY dungeon, i could only recruit or release her, but not free her. Recruiting resulting in her being member of my court but her children still be abroad.
I made my daughter educate her children but you still have no control over their education focus

4. If you have bastard children with a landed women, the child stays with the women (probably not if legitmated, but if you acknowledge them. It's annoying when they become potential heirs (no living trueborn son or whatever) but it's getting actually stupid when the mother dies. Ok, if the child now holds a claim to the title, I would accept that the child is kept "hostage" but it also happens when the mother was just a temple priest

Solutions:
a) Children and parents should not seperate (unless one of the is banished). Neither when you force them to leave nor when they find a new court after becoming landless

b) You should always be able to make children leave your court, if they got living parents somewhere.

c) You should be able to give children with no parents (and if you don't want to ask them) to temple priests. The priests may ask something in return (Gold, Favor, Opinion+)

d) You should be able to ask foreign courts to host you own (or close relatives) children. They might accept but the if the kids hold any claims they wont. It that case it should be possible to cb that realm for free captives.

e) It should be possible to recruit children to your court, if they are dynasty/close family or one parent is present

However:
a) b) and c) could proabably summed up if we were allowed to choose guardians at any age

***___***___***___***

EDIT: I just noticed that you infact can have children be educated at any age

Last edited: