• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

skyman100

Ironsides
96 Badges
Apr 29, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Victoria 2
I was HRE emperor and my friend was my vassal king of Trebizond.(He wanted to be cathlic so I offered to protect him). We went on a crusade for Jerusalem and he put himself as benefactor and he won gaining the title. However for some reason he broke free from me when this happened. Any reason for this? Bug or feature?

As it stands, getting a Kingdom from a Crusade makes you independent no matter what. I had a vassal king of Brittany who was the beneficiary of a Crusade for Jerusalem (he had a claim as the grandson of the First Crusade beneficiary, retaking it) and Brittany and its random assortment of vassals' held counties throughout my empire went independent with him. Was a giant mess, though my vassals cleaned that up in a hurry... basically all of them declared de jure or border dispute wars on him instantly and took all his non-Jerusalem land in moments.

I think it's an unintended consequence of the usual (intended) independence of Crusader Kingdoms, but who knows, they make think it's working as designed

As it stands, getting a Kingdom from a Crusade makes you independent no matter what. I had a vassal king of Brittany who was the beneficiary of a Crusade for Jerusalem (he had a claim as the grandson of the First Crusade beneficiary, retaking it) and Brittany and its random assortment of vassals' held counties throughout my empire went independent with him. Was a giant mess, though my vassals cleaned that up in a hurry... basically all of them declared de jure or border dispute wars on him instantly and took all his non-Jerusalem land in moments.

I think it's an unintended consequence of the usual (intended) independence of Crusader Kingdoms, but who knows, they make think it's working as designed
Ok I just want to know if it's intended or not. Because we are playing the game with a lot of people two of which are my vassals and I am just going to roll back the save and not allow setting yourself as the benefactor if it's not working as intended.