• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Why doesn't allie wars count as a foreign war?

I think it only counts wars in which you are the primary attacker or defender.

Can i know how many wars i've won without choosing the forge bloodline ambition?

You could in theory go through the chronicle (one of the buttons in the bottom right of the screen, near the ledger) - I think every war is recorded there. But the mere thought of wading through that makes me cringe. YMMV.

In future, if you know a character is going for a bloodline, I suggest you make notes. (Outside the game.)

Reactions:
I want to also note that if you're going to try to forge a bloodline, the number of foreign wars won appears to supersede the number of castles/cities built. So if you activate the Force Bloodline ambition after both winning 15 foreign wars and building 10 castles, you can only select one of the bloodlines tied to winning the 15 foreign wars (Conqueror, Warrior Philosopher, or Perfect Knight), and you are not given the option to select the bloodline tied to building 10 castles (Castellan). I learned this the hard way.

I want to also note that if you're going to try to forge a bloodline, the number of foreign wars won appears to supersede the number of castles/cities built. So if you activate the Force Bloodline ambition after both winning 15 foreign wars and building 10 castles, you can only select one of the bloodlines tied to winning the 15 foreign wars (Conqueror, Warrior Philosopher, or Perfect Knight), and you are not given the option to select the bloodline tied to building 10 castles (Castellan). I learned this the hard way.

Yes, the conditions are checked in a distinct order.

It's particularly annoying if you are eligible for two combo bloodlines (eg. murder/builder and murder/war) - you cannot choose, you will get whichever one is listed first in the event files.

Nowadays, when I forge a bloodline, I have a particular target in mind. And I always check the event files in detail first, to make sure that I set all of the triggers correctly.