• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
because A) germany is formable, B) Finland is releasable without modding, C) Netherlands formable too/you can start as them at a later date, D) Ireland also formable.

The thing with Greece is, as i mentioned, that it requires some modding to be in from game start/made formable, this should be in your "reason" to play with them, as it might otherwise leave people confused.

Greek cores appear after 1750.

Ah okey, never knew :) but that's still very late/Hungary is dead.
I don't mind Greece being on the list, but the description he gave isn't really fulfilling.

Serbia- (1399 start) probably one of the (almost)hardest nations to play with
you are a impossible-to-diploannex-vassal of the dreaded Ottomans,
slowly build up a cash pile, westernize, tech up (neighbour bonus FTW!)
wait for an opportunity to strike the Turks, mint a decent army & navy (to block the bosphorus) & STRIKE!
Conquer the Ottomans, liberate your cultural brethren from Ottoman rule,
eventually rule the Balkans, (prepare to fight Austria/Hungary/Bohemia in this case)
ally with Russia & smash the Khanates togheter,
the conquest of the Holy Land is also an option

anyway, when you conquer Thrace, revenge will be sooo sweet...:cool:
if you feel like roleplaying, vassalize the Ottomans for maximum satisfaction:D

you can form greece you silly little man. all greek provinces start with greece cores. you dont need to mod it.

Haiti - Starting at the 1800s, see if you can control the Caribbean and fight back the europeans Mexico and the USA. Other nations will appear as there are more colonial revolts so you may need to wait a bit. You may need to mod the game to achieve any of this but it is playable.

a simple changing the end date is enough. and it appears at 1810 or something.

a few other colonial revolts are Paraguay, La Plata, Mexico and USA. with a maximum of about 200 years game time, you NEED to mod the game, to get a game as one of those

Well, at least we're getting some ROTW now. Can we focus on this for a while?, as most of Europe has been covered, and half the OPMs are the same anyway.

you may need a new little section for the "americas", something like, "colonial revolts" or "colonial countries" otherwise it would merge to much with the tribes.

Well, you gotta hope that the ottomans declare war on montenegro & demand the province for you (provided you take it), in order to get a fleet?

In my game, Venice took Montenegro, Ottomans DoWed Venice, I occupied Montenegro & it defected to me after 2 years or so

there is also a semi-exploit of a bug: If you mess with the date before starting the game you will get Serbia & Karaman as alliance leaders in the Ottoman-Timur war.
that way you can take up to 4 provinces from the 3 anatolian minors

Maldives - Sometimes you just do not have the time to play a whole game and want to have half an hour of fun. Try to survive the early attacks by Indian mainland countries who overpower you. Then try to survive the later attacks. If you succeed, you can call yourself Master of the Islands.

Mexico - Straight away your under attack from the much powerful spain. keep as much land as you can, you will need it so you can conquer the americas!

USA - You could start early and drive Britian and castille out of your homeland or start later and take over the americas by destroying the colonial revolters.

There's a fun game possible as Dai Viet, but I'm not good enough to get there. You have ok provinces and a good position for overrunning your southeast asian buddies, but you always get curbstomped by Ming. So I guess the objective is to hope China collapses for some reason.

I like playing as Vijayanagar (spelling?).
I like it because i know Europe better than my own pants. So it's a completely different gaming experience :)

I played vijayanagar and European countries never came... I got the all Indian subcontinent and more...

France HTTT 1399 start - As opposed to the BBB everyone is used to hearing about, you stat in a rather desperate situation. You do not have cores in many of your provinces, and England has cores in three of yours. Burgundy your nest door neighbour, also loves to see you under their heel. Can you bring France back to the power and prestige they once had? Or will you merely become a slave to the English Dogs, and the Burgundian rebels?

france is a rather hard nation to start with. its ridden with annoying vassals and england, spain and burgandy never give france time to breath easy.

the OP hasn't updated in a while :(

Deccan: A fun, challenging Indian medium power squeezed between Delhi and Vijayanagar. Their position in the centre of India, plus the Holy War CB, lets them easily annex all of the nearby minors, and even Vijayanagar.