• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DusanII

Second Lieutenant
20 Badges
May 15, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hi all,

One question – due to the fact I got the kingdom of Bulgaria I have still 89% of „threat“ and in such status, almost everybody will be against me if I try to do some more expansion, does not matter which kind of armed expansion I want to do. (de jure, press claims, holy wars, etc.)

But it happens already in the game and now again that some specific claim I can press without facing „all world“ united against me.

This time I pressed the claim for getting the Kingdom of Sweden. And war was only between us. In the past, once I had the same with Bavaria.

I was not able to find out why and when in some special cases the war does not trigger the world alliance to defend the attacked country?

Many thanks

d.

Hi all,

One question – due to the fact I got the kingdom of Bulgaria I have still 89% of „threat“ and in such status, almost everybody will be against me if I try to do some more expansion, does not matter which kind of armed expansion I want to do. (de jure, press claims, holy wars, etc.)

But it happens already in the game and now again that some specific claim I can press without facing „all world“ united against me.

This time I pressed the claim for getting the Kingdom of Sweden. And war was only between us. In the past, once I had the same with Bavaria.

I was not able to find out why and when in some special cases the war does not trigger the world alliance to defend the attacked country?

Many thanks

d.

There is no world alliance. There are a series of defensive pacts, one for reach religious group. Since you are above 75% threat they'd band together against you, though.

For someone to be defended by a defensive pact they have to be a member of it. If they are not then there is no issue with attacking.

There is a mapmode for that and it's context sensitive. Just click on a country and it shows you who is inside the defensive pact against that country. If they are not then they are fair game, though it will still increase your threat. If there are different colors it's because each religious group gets into their own defensive pact and if you attack one of them only that pact fires. If you are over 75% threat then even people of different religions can join against you in the same pact.

There is some ways:
1) you can attack rebellion instead of liege: they can’t join defensive pact against you
2) you can join great holy war(crusade jihad) as long as you are not a head of religion
3) join a war as secondary member
4) switch off defensive pacts. I found it more enjoyable to play without then. Switching them off doesn’t block achievement if you do achievement hunting

thanks - just the question - point 1, if I attack rebellion and win I guess I simply only help to cancel the rebellation, without getting any material reward e.g. the occupied land? I guess , I tried this several time and find no advantage to help to actual liege (from point of getting more land for me, I guess I will only improve liege´s opinion on me. Of course this can be in some cases also useful)

thanks - just the question - point 1, if I attack rebellion and win I guess I simply only help to cancel the rebellation, without getting any material reward e.g. the occupied land? I guess , I tried this several time and find no advantage to help to actual liege (from point of getting more land for me, I guess I will only improve liege´s opinion on me. Of course this can be in some cases also useful)

No. As long as those Lords are rebelling they count as normal realm which can be war deced liebe anyone else. If you press a claim or holy war them does not matter as long as you win before the rebellion ends - you get the titles
However if the rebellion ends before you enforce you demands your war is over
The other special thing here that you will be hostile towards the rebells and their liege
And neither of them can end the war if you occupied territory of the losing site
E.g. If you sieged down the rebells capital their liege cant end the war (He has to and can siege your holdings first) and vice versa