Why doesn't the USSR have Tip of the Spear in the Officer Corps?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Crecer13

Major
Mar 15, 2019
Why can’t the USSR take Tip of the Spear in the Officer Corps? I can take this for Italy for Japan. Why do some countries have Tip of the Spear and others don't? This is not a unique spirit to Britain, as the Tip of the Spear logo features the SAS emblem.

Must have Grand Battleplan unlocked to take the spirit

1000003641.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you, although I find it strange that this is locked behind a specific Ground Doctrine. As I have repeatedly said, the Soviet Deep Operations involve extensive airborne operations.
There are many ones locked behind doctrine, each doctrine has a unique officer corps spirit in that slot.

I wish devs would buff Soviet special forces in some way. It really sucks that your second branch specialization is locked behind a year of useless navy focuses.

Another change I've suggested here: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/small-buff-for-deep-battle-doctrine.1633671/

• 3Like
Reactions:
Thank you, although I find it strange that this is locked behind a specific Ground Doctrine. As I have repeatedly said, the Soviet Deep Operations involve extensive airborne operations.

Yeah, the whole system of doctrine trees is full of false dichotomies. Only MW gets Kamfgruppes, but SF nations IRL also practice ad hoc unit assembly. GBP nations also employ forward observers, even though they're specific to SF. Only GBP gets Branch Inter-Operation but many, non GBP nations practice Branch Inter-Operation...

And that's before we get into SF going AirLand Battle a full 30-40 years before it was theorised!