• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Spartan_SLO

Recruit
Aug 11, 2014
I play as Hungarian. I conquered Yug., Austria, Chehoslovakia, Albania and Greece (in that order). Why do they have the status of occupied countries, but Yug and Austria do not?
Screenshot 2023-09-09 201453.png
Screenshot 2023-09-09 201139.png

I thought it wasn't possible to annex individual countries that are part of factions.

Reactions:
I think that happen when the country fall before surrender you must hit the VP point in the country for be sure that they will not get government in exile because that what happen with you .

• 1Like
Reactions:
A country in a faction or with an alliance has a strong chance of going "Government in Exile", instead of submitting to annexation. You can check the country in the Diplomacy screen, hover over the surrender status bar, and it should show "Government in Exile" for those that you've occupied but not annexed. I'm assuming that you set a war goal to annex them....

In your case, you conquered Yugoslavia, Romania, and Austria before they joined a faction or made alliances, but didn't do so for the rest. The only way to fully annex them now would be to conquer the faction or alliance leader where their government in exile is hiding.

If you're staying independent, then taking AUS and CZE is a good thing; if joining the Axis is in the plan, then you should let GER have them, since they get them as cores, but you don't.

Reactions:
Is there a way to remove the occupation lines from the Map? I seem to remember there being a line you could change to reduce the slash lines to zero or something like that.