• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Conanteacher

Colonel
15 Badges
Apr 8, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Iron Cross
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Playing as ComChi in the 1939 scenario, pushing the Japs back...

Suddenly a single Nationalist militia walks from Xibei San Ma into one of my provinces.

Ta-Daa!!

The province turns NatChi, my 6 unit stack is strat redeployed to Yan'an and...
Now I got a country split in two and 20+ of my divisions in the Northern Part die of starvation...:wacko:

I believe it happened because the province was owned by NatChi and occupied by the Japs, so when I captured it the Nats thought they could just walk in and claim it back, as if we were allies - but we're not!!!

Please fix asap (before 1.2?), it's game -breaking. Only solution I can think of is load as Nat Chi the day before and stop the movement, but I can't do it twice a month!

That makes ComChi unplayable for ever :mad:
...since it may conquer all of china by itself and stay restricted to it's 5-6 core provinces.
...worse, my army will be cut off long before.
...and if I DoW Nat Chi we are both doomed by the Japs. Damn.

Is there any other way to fix it? Like using the AI files?

You could (which might take an hour or so) create a new nations with all of Nat. China's feature, but a different tag. Then replace every CHI in every event/setting file in the game with that new tag using Notepad++ or something similar. That should eradicate that bug.

You need declare war to nat chi to mantain the conquer provinces.

You can't conquer provinces, if you are not in war with the owner

Communist is hard, like the real life, but is possible win if you attack nat china in 1933-1934 (first attack shanxi)

Well, I was playing the 1939 scenario because I can't do the 1933 one.
In 1933 I march to the North with my army intact, but when Japan DoWs I am doomed, because they overrun NatChi all the time and because NatChi keeps "stealing" my provinces...
Any advice? When should I DoW Shaanxi?

Well, I was playing the 1939 scenario because I can't do the 1933 one.
In 1933 I march to the North with my army intact, but when Japan DoWs I am doomed, because they overrun NatChi all the time and because NatChi keeps "stealing" my provinces...
Any advice? When should I DoW Shaanxi?

DoW Shaanxi immediately after NatChi's peace event with you fires and you are up in the northern area. Sometimes Japan will DoW you though.

Thank you, though that probably means that I'll have to take on The Japanese beast on my own...
Because the Nats will probabaly send their troops against me and leave their beaches unguarded, which makes me guess their annexation before 1939...
Anyway, I should stop whining and start playing! ;)