• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ari IQ

Recruit
Nov 30, 2016
I havnt seen anyone else post this issue yet, but whenever I open any map view (other than terrain or roads), a white diagonal line from one corner of the screen cuts across to the other corner, totally bisecting my screen and leaving the top half totally white.

I'm running on a mac, and this only started with the recent update.

Reactions:
Upvote 0
Location is
~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

To find that file, in Finder do cmd-shift-G to bring up the GOTO box. In there paste ~/Library/ . You will see a /Logs/ folder, and inside that /Unity/ folder.

Location is
~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

To find that file, in Finder do cmd-shift-G to bring up the GOTO box. In there paste ~/Library/ . You will see a /Logs/ folder, and inside that /Unity/ folder.
Thank you. The instances of the command in the log are

Raw Command Line: /Users/robertspencer-molloy/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Cities_Skylines/Cities.app/Contents/MacOS/Cities -force-glcore
Arguments: /Users/robertspencer-molloy/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Cities_Skylines/Cities.app/Contents/MacOS/Cities, -force-glcore

Then that should work for you, as it has for others in this thread and this forum.

Let's see your entire log please.

Get the same fail, which occur after installing DLC & patch 1.7.
Even while delenting all Steam and game files (mods, assets, saves, …), and reinstalling the game and Steam, still having the lines.
Mac seems to heat slightly more than before update, and "Kernel Trap" seems to crash the Mac.
Even downgrading grpahics does not have any effect, but some scenarios seems to be worse than others (Salzbruck in the worse for crashes…).

Here is the log attached as a file. I am trying to get the previous post deleted. Sorry about that, I did not realize how long it was.
No idea, sorry, it looks the same as everyone else's to me, yet it worked for them.

@co_emmi can you see any issue in there that explains why it doesn't work for this one user?

No idea, sorry, it looks the same as everyone else's to me, yet it worked for them.

@co_emmi can you see any issue in there that explains why it doesn't work for this one user?

We were able to fix the visual problem with Mac which happened when we updated Unity and some Mac side of the things were changed to differ from Windows side of the game, but I'm afraid this might be a different problem as there is Intel's graphics card. The game does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Cards either on Windows/Mac/Linux.

We were able to fix the visual problem with Mac which happened when we updated Unity and some Mac side of the things were changed to differ from Windows side of the game, but I'm afraid this might be a different problem as there is Intel's graphics card. The game does not support Intel Integrated Graphics Cards either on Windows/Mac/Linux.
Understood, but the situation here is the -force-glcore option has helped every Intel user - except this one it seems!

Understood, but the situation here is the -force-glcore option has helped every Intel user - except this one it seems!
Perhaps the problem is that my computer is deficient in some other specifications? Just a stab in the dark because this whole thing is very mysterious. I believe though that there was one earlier poster who mentioned that the -force-glcore had not worked for them either.

I have update the game to the latest patch and purchased the Mass Transit DLC, however when I go into my game, everything loads, but everything is black. I have gotten rid of my mods, and the problem persist. Can I get some assistance on how to fix this issue?

I have update the game to the latest patch and purchased the Mass Transit DLC, however when I go into my game, everything loads, but everything is black. I have gotten rid of my mods, and the problem persist. Can I get some assistance on how to fix this issue?
Are you getting the issue this thread is about - white diagonal line on the Mac version? Because it doesn't sound like it ....

@co_emmi , @AndrewT , After the mass transit update our macs was fixed before and after using -force-glcore however for some reason today at least my home mac and my own work mac (not tested others) has the white box etc appear again when on settings like traffic info and power, water etc. Any reason to this, did something on the game files update over night? or has a mod updated and they broke it?

I'm not aware of any game update, mine still says 1.7.0-f5 .

@co_emmi , @AndrewT , After the mass transit update our macs was fixed before and after using -force-glcore however for some reason today at least my home mac and my own work mac (not tested others) has the white box etc appear again when on settings like traffic info and power, water etc. Any reason to this, did something on the game files update over night? or has a mod updated and they broke it?

Sounds like a mod updated. Today there was a hotfix patch 1.7.1-f1 but it only affects Chinese localisations and Scenario tab not working for all the players.

For other issues in this thread:
On Reddit discussion I noticed some Intel graphic card problems fixed by removing all the mods and custom assets.