• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Capt Nemo

Corporal
3 Badges
Oct 6, 2009
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • 500k Club
When fighting a battle, it is important to know which is the enemy flagship. If you can destroy that ship early in the battle, the other ships are easier to defeat. Some months ago in a thread there was a discussion on how to tell which is the enemy flagship. There were theories based on the formation of the enemy ships and similar methods.

I have since then found a simpler way. When a battle is to start, there is a display where you choose between "Automatic resolve" and "Battle". To the right there is a table describing the enemy ships. My experience is that the enemy flagship is the top ship in that list. It has worked for me a number of times.

Good info. I couldn't figure it out before. It was usually a guess if you are sailing parallel to to the other fleet before they kamakazee turn into you that the ship in the lead is the flagship. But when both fleets are already heading straight at each other, it's not always the ship in the middle, especially if the enemy fleet has an even number of ships. Thanks:cool: