• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(94472)

Captain
14 Badges
Mar 11, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
I picked this up for $5 from D2D in the hopes of playing it once the FREE Director's Cut came out. Now all I can find is Privateer. Where can I download only the Director's Cut?

There isn't even anything on the official web site.

Heh, you paid $5 for the game? On GamersGate Privateer alone costs 10 euro which is like 3x more. :-|

About the 1.1 patch (designer's cut), I don't see it on GamersGate under My Games and that's where I'd prefer to get it from... I tried googling and only Impulse seems to have it.

I just think it's odd that the devs never put a release announcement or download links here or on the eic website. I don't really want to, and shouldn't have to signup for steam or impulse to get the download.

I don't want to give my private information to Impulse just to get the patch...

I don't want to give my private information to Impulse just to get the patch...

Well, I can certainly understand that. However, since it is a free download, there should be no need to confirm a name, billing address or physical address perhaps entering fake information would work? Although I could see people not wanting to bother with that either.

I'm pretty frustrated with GamersGate at this point. People get EIC for $5 at D2D while Privateer on GG costs 3x more (10 euro) but I don't care much about it, GG and Paradox belong to one company so the cash stays in the family and tbh difference between $5 and $15 isn't a big one for me...

What really annoys me is that on top of their much higher (3x is much higher) prices which I'm willing to put up with they also fail to upload the 1.1 patch on time making me open accounts with other stores to get it. Seriously, if you don't have better prices, at least try to have better customer service They are very close to my patience limit.

Didn't GG spin off into its own company?

Anyway, if it's a privacy issue you don't need to put your real details into Impulse since you're not actually buying anything. I agree the release of DC has been terrible though.

5$

I picked this up for $5 from D2D in the hopes of playing it once the FREE Director's Cut came out. Now all I can find is Privateer. Where can I download only the Director's Cut?

There isn't even anything on the official web site.

Yep. Reason it's difficult to find is probably because they want people to purchase the new release which includes the director's cut. I also purchased this title from D2D for 5$. In my opinion, until there is a massive injection of content into this title, they should be giving it away.

1-The battles when taking a port shouldn't be automated. Where's the fun in that? How about having to get close enough to the fort with your fleet to be able to bombard it and knock out it's cannons in real time.
2-Let's add having to actually land a few battalions of marines into the city to capture it with the amount required fixed to the defenses and levels of the defenses (even after knocking out the fort's cannons, there are surely enemy marines to contend with?)
3-How about the economy? What about a fundamental aspect of any economy...taxes. Would enjoy being able to have and adjust taxes in towns and for said taxes to play an important part of the game's economy instead of just needing trade routes to have funds to build ect. Trade routes to said towns would surely bolster taxes ?
4-Throw in population happiness and the like which would have various effects on the game ..like losing a town to a rebellion if it's mis-managed ect.
5-Add the ability and the need for more and new buildings that we can build. For example..refer to #4.

Finally, I just downloaded the Director's Cut from Impulse. Yes it worked with my version of EIC Digital DL from D2D (with a bit of trial and error). I'm hoping that it'll give me a bit of a reason to continue playing EIC.
DEV's..hopefully we'll be seeing some of the ideas I listed above implemented in the near future. This title does have potential but imo is boring as hell in it's current state (well maybe I should try the Director's Cut first lol). Best of luck and happy gaming to the community:p

I have the retail release of the game. I've tried installing the Impulse designers cut but that doesn't apparently work with the retail release. Where do I get the designers cut update for the retail release of the game? I click on the check for updates inside of the game but it just tells me that there are no updates.

Seems that this might be a messed up situation where nobody can get properly organized so that the gamers can actually get their hands on this designers cut.

Seriously, is somebody purposely trying to sabotage this game?

I'm pretty frustrated with GamersGate at this point. People get EIC for $5 at D2D while Privateer on GG costs 3x more (10 euro) but I don't care much about it, GG and Paradox belong to one company so the cash stays in the family and tbh difference between $5 and $15 isn't a big one for me...

What really annoys me is that on top of their much higher (3x is much higher) prices which I'm willing to put up with they also fail to upload the 1.1 patch on time making me open accounts with other stores to get it. Seriously, if you don't have better prices, at least try to have better customer service They are very close to my patience limit.

Delra, the $5 price on D2D was for a week as part of their 5th anniversary special. They also had Mount & Blade for $5 for a week. They're back to full price now.

I think there are reasons for the 'limited' release and lack of official release announcement for Designers cut. I'll wait for the 'non-impulse' final version.

I just started my First Directors cut game...what happened to the first two newbie goal quests??? Will I fail if I dont get to India in 3 years even though it doesnt have the as a main goal aymore?

Last edited: