• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm not sure if this is the right place to say but Does hearts of iron 3 work on windows seven as i am looking into buying it

It works perfect on W7. I havent had any crashes or anything like that. And as raptor posted get 64bit.

I purchased HoI3 from Amazon as a digitial download, and would like to have the option to purchase Semper Fi (and all other Paradox games and expansions) from Amazon's digital service. Please make it so!

I recently bought the HoI3 collection and i've now got a spare HoI3 (base game) so if anyone interested in a free copy just send me a pm with your gamersgate username before the end of the day since otherwise i might give it to a friend.

edit* gave the code to a mate earlier today.

Last edited:
Hi,
I wrote a little "summary" here:Questions-regarding-to-install-from-different-distributors-boxed-version

Maybe we can gather there all information regarding this topic?
(I thought that an more precise tilte could be usefull for this questions around installment etc..)

@Rick, yes they ship worldwide and it cost additional €14,- like I wrote in the OP.

Kind regards,
Chromos

This would be a great topic to individual thread and sticky. Maybe just add the info to the thread about where to buy the game.

Done.. :cool:

Kind regards,
Chromos

I have a question with regards to buying "expansion/dlc pieces and bits" of this game: I have the vanilla game, but at some point I plan to buy all the expansions and all the dlc's with it. I see this as the purchase of a complete game, is there such a combined package for people who only have the vanilla game but want to upgrade it to the latest point (with all its features)?

I got Hearts of Iron III from steam and after installing the game. I was asked to register it before playing. It asked for my full name email and the CD code which steam gave me. Yet, when I tried to register it said that It could not becuase "Server sent error bad data send please contact support" Cant anyone help me as to why it said that?

I got Hearts of Iron III from steam and after installing the game. I was asked to register it before playing. It asked for my full name email and the CD code which steam gave me. Yet, when I tried to register it said that It could not becuase "Server sent error bad data send please contact support" Cant anyone help me as to why it said that?

it is a steam problem so you have to contact steam. the mac version is not from paradox.

I bought HoI 3 and SF on impulse. I'm not sure if buying FTM on gamersgate (cant find it on impulse) will be compatible with my current install. Can anyone clarify?

Edit: Just saw this on the gamersgate technical FAQ: 'Tip from Customer: Impulse does not create proper registry keys - installer runs fine after adding following (of course you need to change path to correct one on your machine) registry entry.Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paradox Interactive][HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron III]"path"="E:\\games\\Hearts of Iron III"'

Can anyone verify if this works?

Last edited: