where are they getting this 49% country buff? South American countries have insane buffs..

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No amount of spying, nor a 15% research boost will make up for only having 3 research slots in total. Given that each blueprint stealing operation will take like 6 months excluding losing infiltrated assets and having to redo that operation before doing another blueprint stealing, it helps but it won't offset it at all.

4 is workable but 3 is just painful unless you're Ethiopia, in which case you have neither the industry nor resources to produce much in the first place.

Chile has very few starting techs so you need to research basically everything you need for world conquest from scratch, and it will take at least 1 year for your 3rd research slot to even be available as Mapuche, on top of having very little manpower so you can't just brute force your way either.

absolutely. my only point was there is way more at play

i did so. your opening post talks about a defense modifier and simultaneously posts an image where the defense bonus is contributing exactly nothing, zero, nilch to the combats. literally no difference whether they have it or not in that situation.

Everyone else understood.

rafeal franco gives a 15% "country" defense bonus.
fuerzas armadas only gives 4% "Country" defense bonus at this moment.

And as one use posted the province ability provides 20% core territory defense bonus. this (from my understanding) counts as a "country" bonus

this adds up to the 49% country bonus that paraguay is getting when on the defense. out of the total 392% bonus they are receiving.

???

you have a combined soft attack value between your 3 divisions of less than 200. it's currently night, but even in the day there is literally no difference if they have 500 defense or 500,000 defense with your attacks that low. you will do the exact same amount of damage (not much) and de-org because they're actually doing crits against you (their defense doesn't help that though, just your poor breakthrough).

Again this was never about this and just shows more of you just jumping to a conclusion.

Have you ever considered that maybe i wasnt trying to breakthrough and was simply trying to pin?

Or even that i was simply taking a screen shot of what i found to be a crazy value i didnt understand and came to the forums to find an explanation?
there must be some semi-coherent standard for "overpowered" or "overtuned". something generic bottom feeder minors can reliably do regardless of tree can't be evidence that the tree is too good. not by itself.

>op says one thing in their focus tree is overtuned

>you jump to the conclusion that i think the entire thing is overtuned

>you look silly
why do you need 4 years to research marines 1? do you not build infantry kits or something? quoted statement is really strange lol

4 years was simply referring to the standard buildup time of the game from 1936-1940

as you mentioned there is a deep lack of research slots.

if i want to min max why would i waste any of my time on that research when there are so many better things to do with that time.

also by using the license production system properly you can focus one branch of your tech tree at a time while still being effective in expansion. this does depend on which nation, as some have better focuses for this than others but that should be a given
maybe not so obvious, since you seem to believe defense is doing something meaningful in this situation!

Again who ever said it needed to be doing something.

you just assumed that i was trying to win this individual combat. which again, if you thought deeper about the whole thing you would've gathered like everyone else that i was simply trying to understand where the total 49% value came from. also by simply looking at the picture you can see im winning.

and having continued playing for like 10 more minutes in game i finished the war, capitulating them.

Reactions:
this is the missing 20%

thanks for the help guys.

Absolutely insane how strong some of these SA nations are.
Eh, Paraguay is only really strong on the defensive. On the offensive they have very little in the way of buffs.

It's very easy to beat them by just letting them push against you (and thus out of their core territory) after which you attack and encircle their units where they don't have the defensive buff or you just blitz through them and cap their two VP's. Outside of their core territory they're not any significant degree more powerful than your average country

Or even that i was simply taking a screen shot of what i found to be a crazy value i didnt understand and came to the forums to find an explanation?
briefly, but then one reads this part
I wiped out brazil no problem, yet paraguay just gets a massive bonus for no reason i can see. Feels bad man.
the implication of this sentence in english is that brazil was no problem, but for some reason the depicted situation is a problem. thus you refute that the only thing you were saying was a request for explanation lol

>op says one thing in their focus tree is overtuned
which you still haven't established any substantive basis for asserting
>you jump to the conclusion that i think the entire thing is overtuned
remind where i said this? doesn't look like i'm the one jumping to conclusions here?

that said this makes it seem a little odd to levy such a criticism against me anyway:
Absolutely insane how strong some of these SA nations are.
it doesn't sound like you're making a case that just one modifier on a particular nation might be a little too strong when you write things like this ^_^
>you look silly
projection?
if i want to min max why would i waste any of my time on that research when there are so many better things to do with that time.
a single tech (marines 1) with relevance in the vast majority of the world's theaters (europe, usa, asia all have lots of rivers on their fronts, amphibious invasions are a thing) doesn't seem unusual to pick up even generally

Again who ever said it needed to be doing something.
you did. any assertion that a modifier is "over-tuned" necessarily implies it's doing something. not just doing something, but doing it too well. if it weren't, it would not be over-tuned

Reactions:
you can definitely play around it and wc as chile but the notion they somehow have a research *advantage* over other nations (including generics) is objectively incorrect and pretty absurd lol. 15% is, in fact, less than 60% or more :/
One could probably argue that out of the three ToA primary nations Chile is probably the weakest with the least starting manpower, and aside from maybe the Fascist path which I have yet to try, having the hardest time coring new states. Plus one (or the only as Mapuche) research slot timegated behind a 1yr national spirit that needs to expire.

Still quite fun, but definitely more challenging than Argentina or Brazil.

• 1Like
Reactions:
briefly, but then one reads this part

the implication of this sentence in english is that brazil was no problem, but for some reason the depicted situation is a problem. thus you refute that the only thing you were saying was a request for explanation lol

which you still haven't established any substantive basis for asserting

remind where i said this? doesn't look like i'm the one jumping to conclusions here?

that said this makes it seem a little odd to levy such a criticism against me anyway:

it doesn't sound like you're making a case that just one modifier on a particular nation might be a little too strong when you write things like this ^_^

projection?

a single tech (marines 1) with relevance in the vast majority of the world's theaters (europe, usa, asia all have lots of rivers on their fronts, amphibious invasions are a thing) doesn't seem unusual to pick up even generally

you did. any assertion that a modifier is "over-tuned" necessarily implies it's doing something. not just doing something, but doing it too well. if it weren't, it would not be over-tuned

Im done wiith this convo.

you obviously have the reading skills of a toddler or you dont speak english as a first language. thats fine.
Ill be honest at this point i dont even think you understand what your saying.

having repeated myself multiple times already for really no point at all as again the main question i have asked has already been answered.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.