What's your favorite ethic/ethics & why?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Fanatic Xenophopbe cause SUFFER NOT THE ALIEN! (They tend to be tasty though, can't help it... ;) )

• 1Like
Reactions:
Auth is such a useful crutch for me.

- Info Quarantine from month 2 through endgame (+5 stability and +50% governing ethics attraction)

- Slavery allowed = Nihilistic Acquisition available even if I never enslave anyone

- Population controls allowed

- Can auto-annex primitives who get FTL

- Influence bonus

It's just a bunch of good stuff with the only downsides being totally optional (e.g. actually using slaves).

• 2Like
Reactions:
Pacifist is my favorite in theory, but my least when I actually play it...

Gestalt is probably my favorite to play.

Xenophobe - 10% pop growth and when you find titanic lifeforms you can eat tham and that planet will be the most efficient food producer in your empire.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Spiritualist and xenophobe.

Xenophobe isn't strictly how I play all the time, I'm usually diplomatic, but I like having the option open to use livestock and I NEED xenophobe to do that.

Spiritualist unlocks a lot of features I enjoy using, as well as priests when I often focus unity. Plus it's good synergy with biological and psionic ascension, my two favorites. Machine Age will probably make me like synthetics as much as those two, but it will also make spiritualist machines possible so I don't think it'll change my ethic preference.

The exception is I enjoy materialist with Byzantine Bureaucracy, although that's mostly because Relentless Industrialists is locked to materialist. I still don't build robots.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Probably Spiritualist because temples are neat and Psionic is the most fun ascension thus far (Hoping this changes tomorrow)

Egal and Auth are fun too for various RP reasons, and I've been enjoying the extra influence you can get by going imperial and auth to really crank it up.

Also special mention for gestalt. Some of my favorite runs have been as machines/hives.