• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Teoras

Private
18 Badges
Dec 16, 2015
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Hi, I haven't played this game in a while but I came back, I wanted to do a Lithuanian campaign and I saw this:
f420e9b08d0572cc2c822d58766d72e2.jpg

Now, I'm a Lithuanian, so most foreigners wouldn't think anything of it, but I'm confused and would like to figure out what the developers were thinking when they made these changes. Don't take this as me whining or whatever, but I'm kinda upset how they managed to mess up so many things. You could easily say 'no one cares', but I'm sure that a lot of Lithuanians do :)
1. First off, the weirdest thing: Kaunas, or rather, Kowno which is the Polish name for it. Why is it named Kowno? I have literally no idea.

2. Novogrodek. That county basically eats up half of the historic Vilnius county. If you were to unify Lithuania, it would look so ugly. Ugly borders aside, the old borders were pretty much accurate in terms of Lithuanian inhabitants and political borders, and somebody decided to change that for whatever reason.

3. Lomza-Trakai border. The old borders, again, were pretty much accurate. The Yatviagi, or Jotvingiai, were a Baltic tribe, and inhabited most of the old Yatviagi counties territory. In whatever update changed this, its basically split up now, and a new county named Lomza appeared, taking a big portion of Lithuanian territories with it.

4. Trakai. If you take a look at google maps and search for Trakai, you'll quickly find out that the location where Trakai is placed in the game is not accurate. Once again, the old county placement was accurate. In real life, Trakai was a capital for some time, and for the time frame where CK2 takes place, it should be even more important than Vilnius really.

Those are the weird things I saw and I would like to figure out what happened here. How did they screw up so many things, including placing one of the historical capital locations completely elsewhere from where its supposed to be? It's certainly nothing game breaking, but its immersion breaking to say the least, and it comes as a big surprise from a company who usually pays a lot of attention to these kinds of things.

When the devs return back in later January I suggest you make a thread in the suggestions forums about map changes for the area. They do listen and will patch if you can be very specific with pictures about how Lithunia should look. Wait until they get back from their time off though.

Glad they at least got my country right :p

When the devs return back in later January I suggest you make a thread in the suggestions forums about map changes for the area. They do listen and will patch if you can be very specific with pictures about how Lithunia should look. Wait until they get back from their time off though.
Alright, thanks :) I'm not very active on the forums so I'll probably forget it but thats good to know haha :D

I wouldn't be so sure. Those changes were made knowing they weren't historically accurate. You can find such changes in a lot of places, they are meant to give a little more dynamism to some regions of the map. It was part of 3.0.

I wouldn't be so sure. Those changes were made knowing they weren't historically accurate. You can find such changes in a lot of places, they are meant to give a little more dynamism to some regions of the map. It was part of 3.0.
In particular the new Vilnius border runs along a river, probably for more geographic unity than administrative reality. The others I'm not sure the thinking of.

this