• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(90480)

Recruit
Jan 6, 2008
I'm asking about the fifth button of a fleet. There're four color of faces. Each time I click on the face it change a colur. But what does each color mean? It's said to be "Attitude" in the tutorial, but can someone tell me what kind of thing would the fleet do if I choose a color like green, gray or red, etc? Many thanks!

Hi, it is described in the manual what the different colours mean.
But in short:
Cautious (blue) means your fleet goes a bit slower, but avoids hostile fleets better.
Neutral (green) is neutral :)
Hostile (yellow) means that your fleet will attack your enemies and pirates
Aggressive (red) means that your fleet will attack any fleets!

Cautious (blue) means your fleet goes a bit slower

"A bit" here means around 40%. In my opinion it begs for rebalance to 5-10% of speed but I couldn't find it in the files to mod. It's something you should use to delay your fleets if they are trading too fast (for example with Africa). If you use it for all your fleets, especially the ones going to/from India, you will soon be bankrupt.

I made a screenie a while back when someone asked how slow is cautious, it was racing from Lisbon to Cape Town (if I recall correctly). Fleet on the left is cautious, fleet on the right is neutral:

Hi, it is described in the manual what the different colours mean.
But in short:
Cautious (blue) means your fleet goes a bit slower, but avoids hostile fleets better.
Neutral (green) is neutral :)
Hostile (yellow) means that your fleet will attack your enemies and pirates
Aggressive (red) means that your fleet will attack any fleets!

Just to expand a little:

Hostile (yellow) -> your fleet attacks Pirates and anyone you are at War with.

Aggressive (red) -> your fleet attacks Pirates and anyone that you do not have a Pact or Alliance with.

My attack/patrol fleet is usually on Hostile, and I try to patrol between Calcutta and Surat, thereby wrapping all around India. I'll then create a second attack fleet, set it to Aggressive, and park it outside of Cape Town or Natal, and choose which battles I want since this fleet attacks about everyone.