• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Allison_Sullivan

Recruit
31 Badges
Sep 28, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
If all the males (landed or not) and all the pregnant women died, what would happen to your your game. Also setting aside things like Unholy Impregnation, would the game spawn new characters to replace the dead ones, or would everyone remaining slowly die out?

The game constantly spawns new characters.
If there isn't a heir to a title, neither liege or vassal, a random courtier will be spawned and take control of the title.
Also landed characters seem to create new characters to fill up their court.

If there isn't a heir to a title, neither liege or vassal, a random courtier will be spawned and take control of the title.

If the random courtier is male, do you kill them too?

If so, agnatic titles would probably cause an infinite loop. Eventual result: CK2 crashes and/or you have to force-quit.

If the random courtier is male, do you kill them too?

If so, agnatic titles would probably cause an infinite loop. Eventual result: CK2 crashes and/or you have to force-quit.

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question, but if a title has no possible heir, then a random courtier is spawned with same culture/religion as the last ruler (or the capital county, don't remember)
You can keep killing them, the same day when they are entitled if you want, the game will just keep spawning them.

I'm not sure I'm understanding your question, but if a title has no possible heir, then a random courtier is spawned with same culture/religion as the last ruler (or the capital county, don't remember)
You can keep killing them, the same day when they are entitled if you want, the game will just keep spawning them.

Yes, exactly.

If the title is agnatic and there is no heir, the random courtier must be male. (For example, Catholic theocracies must always be held by a man.) (If the title is agnatic-cognatic, I suppose there's a chance that the game will spawn a random woman to take the title.)

If your kill-all-males script is written so that it keeps killing males until there are none left in the world, it will never finish. Hence, infinite loop and CK2 crash.

On the other hand, if your kill-all-males script makes a list of all males in the world and then kills everyone on the list, the script will finish in finite time. But the world will still be full of male rulers.

EDIT - Here's an idea that might work: (1) give every title in the world to a woman; (2) kill all males. In that case, you would (briefly) have a world without men. Until the woman starts handing out titles to randomly-generated courtiers.

I guess if you combined this with a random world set up to contain as many women as possible you might see much fewer men going forwards, but yeah, the game will continue to generate random characters.

There are many, many events that spawn random characters, and the bulk of them produce men.

And unless you ALSO set it up so that every title has full status of women, men are going to be needed to fill some of the councillor positions, so the AI will be trying to fill those by inviting courtiers.