• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm 26 and a R&D Engineer in the medical field.

I have always been a history buff, and the thing about CK, CK II (and Sengoku) that I find the most attractive is that they are the most accurate representation of the medieval world so far, which makes re-creating/re-writing history all the more fun =). I used to play the total war series a lot, but slowly I have lost the stamina for lengthy battles and got put off by the ahistorical representation.

29 year old accountant/financial analyst with MA in sociology :). Mainly EU player but getting more and more fascinated by the role-playing and human resources management aspect of CK. As the years go by I am increasingly aware of the impact the "human factor" has on all organisations. This important factor (loves, hates, ambitions etc.) unfortunately is usually not existent in strategy games. I am hoping for a nice change with CK2.

22 years old pilot.

i am a huge fan of paradox games and strategy games in general. I´ve played the original CK and i think that play as a person instead a nation its a refreshing formula for a strategy game, i totally love it!

39 years old, executive producer of a record label. I love history and turn-based/slow-paced strategy games like Civilization and EU...

I'm 30 years old, and I work as a Credit Reviewer in the Accounting department of a large company. I have played PI games since HoI1, and I'm very interesting in history.

I am 24, and a part-time clerk at GameStop.

Discovered them by accident after some time as a TW fan.
I also discovered EU3 with my buddies after spending much time with Total War (I shall even shamelessly mention that I made a Kingdom of Jerusalem sub-mod for the awesome Stainless Steel mod for M2TW). EU3 was great, especially after coming from Stainless Steel, but I missed the minor role-playing that the characters in TW allowed. So it seems like CK2 will be the answer to my prayers as the greatest strategy game for me!

35 years old PhD in nanomaterials, working in nanotech startup.
Played paradox since EU1 (which is pretty good for a non-swede) :cool:

Always liked complex strategy games, rpg and medieval history/fiction (childhood fav book Ivanhoe), which makes me a prime CK target.
Also, after getting twin babies:blink: 4 years ago i really started appreciating games that can be insta-paused by hitting spacebar!

I feared the thread would get hijacked by the whole accountants/economists/IT professions debate, but I just wanted to say that from a quick scan the range of ages and professions is so rich.

What I'm really chuffed to see are the 50 somethings. I have a dirty little family secret though...my 63 year old father and 58 year old mother play World of Warcraft.

That's nothing. I had a guildie in LoTRo who was an US army sergeant and WW2 veteran, think he was around 85ish, it was a few years ago now tho.

But yeah there seems to be an abundance of economical proffessionals here, also quite a great deal of thinking proffessions :p

I am a 48 years old retiree (yes a retiree due to some hindrance degree) and I play strategy and rpg games since 1991 and MMORPGs since 1998(ULtima Online),I am a Paradoxian since EUII and a AGEOD fan since BOA even since Pax Romana...I read history books with passion and own around 2000 books of different genres(Sci-Fi,Fantasy,History...)

greetings

MikeFrank aka Hohenlohe(Ageod forumite)