• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NapoleonI

Colonel
57 Badges
Jun 24, 2007
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Pirates of Black Cove
CON and unemployment plays a role. But do POP need money to migrate? Do unemployed POPs on welfare migrate, or does the unemployment benefits make them happy enough to stay home?

What would be the best way to make your POPs move to the colonies? Should I starve them or should I pay them (spend money on social policy slider)?

Good questions, but I´m almost sure that the POPs´ cash doesn´t influence anything. Only unemployment.

As to where they decide to migrate (above all colonies) I´m curious about it as well. My guess would be that an unemployed farmer would move a province where a good is still in high demand (for example you got grain farmers 30% unemployed and you have a tea RGO that´s 50% full and with tea with high demand > they would move there). Also I wonder what exactly the tech that gives bonus to colonial migration generates, and if´s critical if you want high colonial migration. I suppose the best bet for "turbo" migration would be to have high CON and no factories in a state.

If the tooltips are to believed you want pops with at least 8 CON, high unemployment, unable to meet their needs and with no factories in the state. While you want them not able to meet their needs however, you don't want them gaining militancy, otherwise they will simply emigrate rather than migrating internally.

Well the tooltips are actually quite helpful - but what the +5% colonial migration does, only God knows. And Podcat heh.

I was just wondering the same thing myself. Does it mean pops are more likely to move to the colonies or does it mean more pops will move to the colonies once the tooltip conditions are met? Or does it do something else (or nothing at all)?