• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Last edited:
Ensiferum doesn't sing Viking metal however, it's more like folk imo.

Sabaton has a pretty good viking metal song though http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZrCQFSkLcE (it's a cover of amon amarth's song but I like this version better) :closedeyes: Vintersorg and Tyr are also personal favourites of mine.

Meh, as much as I love Sabaton, they only have that cover song and Swedish Pagans. So yeah, I'd rather have Amon Amarth (who only sing about being a Pagan viking) blaring as I conquer the lands of the Rus...

Also Ensiferum is folk viking metal. :D

Meh, as much as I love Sabaton, they only have that cover song and Swedish Pagans. So yeah, I'd rather have Amon Amarth (who only sing about being a Pagan viking) blaring as I conquer the lands of the Rus...

Also Ensiferum is folk viking metal. :D

Call me old fashioned but I like it when I can hear/understand the lyrics of a song being sung ;)

Lol @ people expecting Paradox Interactive to go back to 800AD just to play Vikings.

I'm sorry but this is Crusader Kings II, It's a game about medieval time for Christ sake. Yes it will be a pagan DLC, but I would not expect Vikings if I were you

Yeah, totally, except... hmm Medieval, when was that again? Oh that's right, Medieval is synonymous with the middle ages, which runs from the collapse of Rome to the fall of Constantinople, by most accounts.

So 800ad is well within the bounds of "Medieval".

Hehe...I think Einherjer makes better for a Norse soundtrack.

Hah, I love Einherjer, I enjoy going to war to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qEGHMHL8vE, or Einherjarmarsjen. That or Bathory, who in my opinion are the finest viking metal band out there. Maybe even the finest metal band full stop. Need more Quorthon.

If the developers are successfully trying to model a more tribal governance, such as was found in pagan societies around this time, then maybe they feel that this could adequately represent an earlier developmental stage of the christian kingdoms.

Norse pagans had kings and a feudal system with Jarls. They were simply not christian :)

Call me old fashioned but I like it when I can hear/understand the lyrics of a song being sung ;)

Bah. You're obviously not listening well enough. Death Metal is so easy to listen to. Especially in comparison to Black Metal. If understanding the lyrics were important to me, I wouldn't listen to Finntroll. But that's just me.

If the developers are successfully trying to model a more tribal governance, such as was found in pagan societies around this time, then maybe they feel that this could adequately represent an earlier developmental stage of the christian kingdoms.

You'd have to go back even earlier than the viking age to find a tribal system without proper kings and dukes (jarls).

The problem isn't so much the modeling of earlier christian kingdoms as it is modeling the mass migrations and having no idea who was in charge of most land on the map if you go back too far.

That is also true in a feudalistic society.

Actually, that is quite true. It wasn't automatically assumed that a lord's vassal would be loyal to that lord's heir. Hence there was a process of revassalisation, which although was later ceremonial, was quite an important rite in earlier periods. Earlier representations of feudalism, like representations of pagan and tribal societies, should take this into account.