• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In one point I give you right... The AI should prefer the own culture and/or region in marriages. This is no question I think. This is logical.
But it should be still possible to marry someone at the other end of the map. This is my opinion. There were always exceptions.

But dynasty relations sound nice yes.

It should be possible because there needs to be room for some ahistorical options but this should be more for the player than the AI.

Am I the only one that wants less penalty for either taking land from count or Duke that rebelled or even better a better oppertunity to kill them legally without penalty. If the duke Of Lancaster were to lead a rebellion I should after squashing the rebellion be able to have him killed !!!

What do people here think about being able to revoke all titles from a traitor rather than only one at a time and then wait a few years for a traitor to rebel again? There should be less penalty and consequences for title revokations; but penalty should be based on your crown authority. The more authority you have the less your vassals should be able to do something about having their titles taken away. Also executions and banishment should invoke less penalties.

In the Middle Ages, when a noble was captured in battle, he could be put on parole through a payment (you could call it bail). If he were caught again in the battlefield while on parole, he could be executed by anyone in the middle of the battle no problem or be executed at will if caught again. I suggest that this should be implemented and that you get to decide which nobles should stay at home and which nobles should follow you into battle (that way nobles on parole don't get caught again or you don't send family members to their deaths).

I think you should be able to revoke all titles at once, I could handle it giving a negative effect like -15 to all vassals. Here is why I say revoke them all, once you revoke 1 he hates you, so you never get anything out of him or his county... but if you imprison him or revoke his titles without cause(you do have a cause he rebelled) then you're considered a tyrant or your vassals really dislike you. I know if I was a Duke, and one of my countrymen revolted against me in war, and was fighting me personally, possibly to kill me. I would imprison him and take all his titles, and give them to someone more worthy, and then banish him and his house to another land.

I think you should be able to revoke all titles at once, I could handle it giving a negative effect like -15 to all vassals. Here is why I say revoke them all, once you revoke 1 he hates you, so you never get anything out of him or his county... but if you imprison him or revoke his titles without cause(you do have a cause he rebelled) then you're considered a tyrant or your vassals really dislike you. I know if I was a Duke, and one of my countrymen revolted against me in war, and was fighting me personally, possibly to kill me. I would imprison him and take all his titles, and give them to someone more worthy, and then banish him and his house to another land.

Dislike from others should slowly disappear with time. Maybe not from the noble had his titles revoked, but by the other nobles.

Um, doesn't Banish do just that?

You should be able to add more war goals in the middle of a war..
+1

I hate declaring a holy war on one of the Muslim kingdoms in Iberia, but only being allowed to declare it against a single duchy. When I win the war I end up having to deal with a truce for the next decade and owning only part of the kingdom that I attacked to gain in the first place!

Another key element is distributing spoils from a war. As it is once I take new counties it's a terrible idea to distribute them to the lords who actually helped me win the war when this was a fairly common practice in reality. The contribution system should be applied and determine who feels they deserve to increase their lands or perhaps be promoted to a higher title, i.e. one of my counts provided massive levies and was key to my success along with the "title swap" proposed earlier I should be able to raise him to being duke maybe by giving the current duke the more prosperous lands I just seized so everyone remains happy. As it is they just go back home while I hunt around my court to find new people to raise up more or less arbitrarily.

I should also be able to just revoke all of his titles and then execute him. Sure there should be a piety loss for it or something else to give you a reason to just banish rather than execute, but it's a perfectly reasonable option against a treasonous rebel. For the even more bloodthirsty it would be interesting to have an option where I kill his family as well.

In line with all of this there should be a plot to kidnap children and hold them either for ransom or to enforce other demands. Maybe I steal someone's young daughter away and forcibly marry her to someone of my choosing. Or I kidnap very young children, raise them, and in time adopt them after they've come to accept me as their true parent. There should also be plotting to become regent and manipulate the realm as I see fit.

Last edited:
I think for "assassinate", you should get the option to either kill someone yourself or hire assassins. Killing someone yourself, for it to be successful it would have to depend on your intrigue and your martial skills being higher than your targets (intrigue skill to get the targeted character at the right place and time and martial skill in case you have to fight him or her).

One War Goal per war is absolutely okay to me. I cannot imagine how unbalanced multiple wargoals per war would be. Somebody brought up the example of Iberia. It is already way too easy for the Muslims to annihilate the Christians, and you want it to be easier? Even from the Christian point of view, if you unite Castille-Leon-Galicia and manage to get Toledo, you already have the upper hand on the Moors.

One thing I would like to see is the potential for a local peasant revolt to spread like wildfire. It should not occur too often but it should potentially happen. One thing I have noticed in Paradox games is that rebellions more often than not are nuisances than actual threats.

+1

I hate declaring a holy war on one of the Muslim kingdoms in Iberia, but only being allowed to declare it against a single duchy. When I win the war I end up having to deal with a truce for the next decade and owning only part of the kingdom that I attacked to gain in the first place!

Another key element is distributing spoils from a war. As it is once I take new counties it's a terrible idea to distribute them to the lords who actually helped me win the war when this was a fairly common practice in reality. The contribution system should be applied and determine who feels they deserve to increase their lands or perhaps be promoted to a higher title, i.e. one of my counts provided massive levies and was key to my success along with the "title swap" proposed earlier I should be able to raise him to being duke maybe by giving the current duke the more prosperous lands I just seized so everyone remains happy. As it is they just go back home while I hunt around my court to find new people to raise up more or less arbitrarily.

I should also be able to just revoke all of his titles and then execute him. Sure there should be a piety loss for it or something else to give you a reason to just banish rather than execute, but it's a perfectly reasonable option against a treasonous rebel. For the even more bloodthirsty it would be interesting to have an option where I kill his family as well.

In line with all of this there should be a plot to kidnap children and hold them either for ransom or to enforce other demands. Maybe I steal someone's young daughter away and forcibly marry her to someone of my choosing. Or I kidnap very young children, raise them, and in time adopt them after they've come to accept me as their true parent. There should also be plotting to become regent and manipulate the realm as I see fit.

Taking hostages from the defeated lord, for example the childrens, could help kings keep their realm more stable.

One War Goal per war is absolutely okay to me. I cannot imagine how unbalanced multiple wargoals per war would be. Somebody brought up the example of Iberia. It is already way too easy for the Muslims to annihilate the Christians, and you want it to be easier? Even from the Christian point of view, if you unite Castille-Leon-Galicia and manage to get Toledo, you already have the upper hand on the Moors.

One thing I would like to see is the potential for a local peasant revolt to spread like wildfire. It should not occur too often but it should potentially happen. One thing I have noticed in Paradox games is that rebellions more often than not are nuisances than actual threats.

I disagree, peasants and civil population of the medieval europe was to ignorant, too poor and too afraid of being slaughtered by their nobles, other nobles, muslims and many other threats of the mediaval world to become organized and form a revolution. They should stay a minor nuisance or be removed from they game altogether. As emperor, they only spam my screen whit rebellions pop-up or kills some of my troops during all out levies. They can get very annoying.