• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Childhood Focus Alerts: All - And oh, how do I wish there was an "All Dynasts" option for this one.

I also used to play with boosted revolts, but not anymore. They're fun for humans, but AIs are so bad at dealing with revolts that the map is covered with single counties ruled by peasants and heretics. It would be better if there was a setting to make revolts stronger for players, but normal for AIs, as a kind of handicap.
  • Plague, Aztecs, Mongols and Turkic Conquerors - Dynamic and Random. I prefer it because it means the events come as a surprise. Sure, I know when the Black Death and Genghis Khan happened, but my character does not know, so in-game I shouldn't know either.
  • Absurd & Supernatural Events - Unrestricted. I like finding an immortal AI horse king, once in a while.
  • De Jure Requirement - Required. No matter what you call yourself, you cannot be the king of Spain if you have no land in Spain.
  • Exclave Independance - Harsh. Bye-bye bordergore.
  • Childhood Focus - all.
  • Epidemics & Diseases - More. Bring on the pain.
  • Demesne - Quartered. That's harsh, but I find that factions rarely have any chance without it.
  • Chinese Interactions - Restricted, & Diplomatic Range - Restricted. The default diplomatic range is way too wide, I think.

Sunset Invasion - Random.
I love this thing so much lol.

Plague - Historical

Disease - Fewer.
I just find this aspect of the game incredibly annoying.

Vassal theocracies - unlimited
Disables achievements but I just enjoy seeing prince archbishops around.

Satanists - off
I hate these fockers, and I hate dealing with them. I think I would like them more if I could just kill them off completely.

Chinese interactions - Off
I tried to use limited but they still popped up in Armenia. Weird.

Exclave Independance - Harsh
This helps prevent very dumb wars, like India having to defend Cairo from being taken back by the Kingdom of Egypt and stupid stuff like that.

Limited Naval for now, but what I'd really like is something that's even harsher on naval paths but not land paths.

Coastal terrain needs to be more valuable. Having the Strait of Gibraltar and the Bosporus be recognized as meaningful is probably the single most important criterion they need to make naval sense of "connectedness" on the map.