• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
2.png

1.png

This is the first time it happened. I bashed down the UK so hard that they have serious money issue and had to disband the whole Royal Navy. I become the undisputed master at sea. Find it quite amusing.

Did anyone of you find that money is even tighter in 2.31? And with the RN gone, I find that I am the only customer of my numerous steamer shipyards...

Last edited:
I've found money a lot tighter too. When you reach ~500 industry score (so 1840 if your UK :)) all your artisans will stop working at once causing you to lose a sizable amount of tax. Whats even more fun is when your overproducing wool so all your indian farmers stop working but won't move. If you want to keep a decent sized army you need to inflate your industry score to plug the hole left by the artisans.

Unfortunately I find UK falls off the top spot all on its own. It has terrible lit for a western nation, too many pops so even NF clergy takes 30 years to hit 2% and a rubbish tech school. It can't colonize because the only techs it has are economic and naval since it has so few points. If it gets into a serious war while its economy isn't at its strongest it racks up so much debt its interest outweighs its income so the next war it has no army or navy with min sliders trying not to go bankrupt. Prussia and USA usually end up taking the top spots, maybe with France if they industrialized early enough.
For a player its even easier to screw UK over, just invade the mainland while you distract its navy at the other side of the world, England can barely field any units outside of India until its industry takes off.

Of course you do still get some games where UK just builds the entire global market and ends with like 20000 industrial on top of its insane prestige and military scores, but that's quite a bit rarer now.

I've consistently seen them be a top performer in all recent patches. In my games, it's the USA that has lost out the most, coming in a lousy 4th in the last two games. I beat the USA's IND score as Scandinavia tonight, and I didn't annex huge swaths of Germany or grant statehood to the entire planet, either.