• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In

But Ciryandor please explain the rules regarding the priest and the hunting/protection of hunting by wolfs/hunters a little bit better.

They are unclear for me.

(In case you don't understand my issues I will explain them more detailed in a later post).

In

But Ciryandor please explain the rules regarding the priest and the hunting/protection of hunting by wolfs/hunters a little bit better.

They are unclear for me.

(In case you don't understand my issues I will explain them more detailed in a later post).

Priest can scan for anyone with nightly actions. Ex. Doctor/GA/Seer/Sorc. If they are pinged, they will show up as such. All other players w/out actions like wolves and villagers will show up as Villager.

Hunters do not have the ability to protect themselves from a wolf pack. If a hunter hits someone with any protection (GA/Bless/Doc), the hunt fails. However, if 2 or more hunters or the wolf hunt are on the same person, it succeeds, and a random roll decides whether the ability is used up or if there was wolf targeting, the wolf attack was the one used.

I now have 21 people. I CAN rebalance this for this number of players, but I'm hopeful that the half-day may rustle up a couple of people. :wacko:

So: Priests do not scan for cultists or sorcerers. In fact, nobody does. Except sorcerers ;-)
That's intentional, I presume?

Secondly: The leader trait seems very powerful to me. You don't lose it when you don't lynch a baddie, and you have an unlimited amount of uses .. so why not use it every day?

Then again, if you're a villager and do that you'll mess up the vote cycle royally. Up to the point where getting information from the vote cycle may get rather pointless if you do it every day ..

hmn. This looks interesting.

Secondly: The leader trait seems very powerful to me. You don't lose it when you don't lynch a baddie, and you have an unlimited amount of uses .. so why not use it every day?

Wait what? That has to change.

Wait what? That has to change.

See for yourself:

the_rules said:
Leader: May declare that the victim of a lynching will not be lynched, and pick another character to be lynched instead. May change ONLY ONE target to another. If another leader order is sent in, all orders will be ignored.

See? No limits (except for the "ONLY ONE" limit, that is)
He can keep saving himself ad infinitum too, I reckon.

See for yourself:

See? No limits (except for the "ONLY ONE" limit, that is)
He can keep saving himself ad infinitum too, I reckon.

:wacko:

This definitely needs limits. Else if the leader controlled all the lynchings and was affiliated with a pack of baddies (say, the only one left) he wouldn't be hunted by the wolves nor lynched by the village. Well he could still die because of the hunter, but it still sounds overpowered.

:wacko:

This definitely needs limits. Else if the leader controlled all the lynchings and was affiliated with a pack of baddies (say, the only one left) he wouldn't be hunted by the wolves nor lynched by the village. Well he could still die because of the hunter, but it still sounds overpowered.
Sounds like a role for a modest player like myself.

So: Priests do not scan for cultists or sorcerers. In fact, nobody does. Except sorcerers ;-)
That's intentional, I presume?

Then again, if you're a villager and do that you'll mess up the vote cycle royally. Up to the point where getting information from the vote cycle may get rather pointless if you do it every day ..

hmn. This looks interesting.
Sorcerers have nightly actions so the priest should be able to detect them. It would indeed seem like cultists can't be detected by any goodies but OTOH the priest can confirm some more important goodies like doc and GA so maybe that balances out?

I read the leader trait as a one time only thing (but maybe I just assumed too much).

Sorcerers have nightly actions so the priest should be able to detect them. It would indeed seem like cultists can't be detected by any goodies but OTOH the priest can confirm some more important goodies like doc and GA so maybe that balances out?

If it's intentional that's fine.

johho888 said:
I read the leader trait as a one time only thing (but maybe I just assumed too much).

If it is it would be nice if the rules actually reflected it.

Sounds like a role for a modest player like myself.
Indeed my dear friend. I would feel safe knowing that your wisdom and calm will take care of that role

Indeed my dear friend. I would feel safe knowing that your wisdom and calm will take care of that role

If EURO's the leader, I bet whoever is the hunter will shoot him as soon as he uses his power.

If it is it would be nice if the rules actually reflected it.
Well, I read the "May change ONLY ONE target to another" as the leader could only use his ability ONCE and that one time - in an event of a tie - only change ONE target to another. But like I said, maybe I read to much into it and English isn't my first language so...

Well, I read the "May change ONLY ONE target to another" as the leader could only use his ability ONCE and that one time - in an event of a tie - only change ONE target to another. But like I said, maybe I read to much into it and English isn't my first language so...

You could read it like that I guess. To me that bit sounds like it's talking about what happens in a tie though..

You could read it like that I guess. To me that bit sounds like it's talking about what happens in a tie though..

Agreed. Which I feel would still leave the trait eerily powerful.