• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A few remarks and questions about the game setup.

1) Can priests scan seers and seers scan priests? Rysz made a good point about how hard it is to get a double-scanned justice league going without that, and I think it might be valid.

2) Apprentices. If a cursed apprentice gets turned into a scanner, do they lose the cursed trait?

3) The lover
johho888 said:
Lover: Each night, the Lover may choose to stay with a player (the target). The Lover and the target are unable to perform any other action during the night. Scans against the Lover or the target will scan both without revealing the identity of either.

This looks like a fun role, but it's unclear to me what happens when scanners target somebody who has a lover present.

For instance, what scan result would the seer get if he scans a person with a lover and one is a wolf and the other is a villager?
What would the result be if both were wolves or both were villagers?

A few remarks and questions about the game setup.

1) Can priests scan seers and seers scan priests? Rysz made a good point about how hard it is to get a double-scanned justice league going without that, and I think it might be valid.

We didn't have much trouble on that in the last game. Heck, it was a no-scanned JL the entire time.

1) No, seers can't scan priests or vice versa. And it is because I don't want it to be too easy to get a JL going. There should be some leaps of faith involved.

2) No, a cursed apprentice turned scanner is still cursed.

3) If the seer scans the home of a wolf that is visited by a wolf lover the seer will see two wolves. If the seer scans the home of a villager visited by a wolf lover he would see one wolf and one villager. If the seer scans the home of a wolf that is visited by a villager lover he would see one wolf and one villager.

Merci. Clear answers there.

Are you taking requests? I'd like to be a cursed brutal apprentice please.;)

Ooh!
Can I be a cursed brutal lover apprentice then?

*Jim-Bob rolls in and under Randakars's Spitfire and starts to detach some hoses he deems uneccesary. He takes a glance at the side and see's that Randakar is standing beside him watching and looking disapproving*

jimbob2.jpg

Paendrag has great ideas about improvments

Ohh.. Hi there Mr Airman Sir. I'm just making some adjustments that will make your "gal" go way much faster.. The only problem is that you won't get as far as you are used to but then again, who in his right mind want to be further away than neccesary??

And BTW. The Admiral told me to inform you that we'll be sharing bunks.. Appearantly all the officer bunks were taken so you'll be sleeping with me..
Unfortunetly I have the top bunk and all the rumours of my bladder problems are true.. But orders are orders huh.. *Pushes elbow in Randakars side*

Randakar gets to try the top bunk while Paendrag is still in it

But I'll we'll have a gay time telling stories about our homes, fart competions, Romano-Greco wrestling.. I can see it now.. You'll be reading the newspaper to me and you might even read my letters from my folks to me.. I in return can tell you about my interestin job.
Ohhh this'll be great.. It was such a long time since I bunked with an academic. *Jim-Bob almost jumps of excitment*

Here look at this new invention.. They call it a monkeywrench.. Fantastic what they can come up with huh.

1) No, seers can't scan priests or vice versa. And it is because I don't want it to be too easy to get a JL going. There should be some leaps of faith involved.

I don't see a problem with it. I had a choice last game of either scanning players that I knew weren't cultists or scanning possible wolves. I got four wolves in a row. I went after wolves as opposed to wasting a night confirming a JL. It was only after I had reached a point of scanning obvious wolves that I looked at the others. If a seer wants to spend a night confirming what the priest has scanned, go ahead. I would rather look at those who have acted wolfish instead of having the game go longer with a possible hunt on the seer or the wolves hitting a cursed player already scanned.

Think of it as a wolf pack. DO you kill the JL spokesman or go for the possible seer? Only if they have no clue will they get the spokesman. If they suspect the seer, they will hunt him.

Kriszo ended up being the only one double scanned. hdk and OY never got scanned.

What I don't want to happen is the priest finding the seer (or vice versa) and making contact without having to go through a JL spokesperson but it's not a big issue to me, I just prefer it this way.

I just want everyone to know that if I turn out to be evil, then snoopdogg is my packmate.

In, if it's not past the deadline, sub if it is.

You're 4 days before the deadline. :p
Sorry about the long sign up time (I'll be away for the weekend and didn't want to start the game with an absent GM...).

I'll start spamming the Social group now and see if we can't find a few more able bodied men to help us out.