• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Australia was settled with convicts just as much as New Zealand was settled with runaway convicts, prostitutes and stereotypically drunken sailors.
exactly. \

new zealand was also settled by cannibals, so prisoner / non-prisoner settlement of australia is like 90 / 10.

Personally I always thought your country was settled by stiff-necked English, Welsh, and Scots. Is that the normal myth about New Zealand? Perhaps that's why Kiwi women are allegedly easy.

A Kiwi goes for a job interview in Australia. The interviewing boss says to him "What made you leave New Zealand?"
"Well, Sir, I felt like I never fit in," the man replies, "There's nothing in New Zealand but rugby players and easy women."
"My wife is from New Zealand," says the interviewer tersely.
"Really!" says the interviewee brightly, "And which team did she play for?"

There's no real national myth of settlement, it's too much of a patchwork. Dunedin was a Presbyterian settlement, Christchurch Anglican, other cities were planned and settled by businesses, or traders, or as garrisons, and so on. But the really early settlers were mainly runaways, whalers, assorted rogues, and the professional business women that accompany them. Oh, and missionaries. Kororareka (Russell) earnt its title of "hell hole of the Pacific". They had about as much of a real impact as the convicts - real, but not as much as the stiff-necked types that came later.

"Allegedly easy"? There's no need for mere allegations, studies have shown it. Although I suspect much of it is while on their OE. The amusing thing is that the kiwi male broods on the egg, and a few years ago it was discovered that was because the female was off meeting other males.

Well that settles it. I'm booking a trip to NZ.

No no, they come to you. It's called the OE, the Overseas Experience. Basically an early 20s New Zealander flies to London, gets a job, lives in a grimy flat, and spends all their time and money visiting Europe, getting drunk and having sex. They then come back to New Zealand when their visa runs out.

"Allegedly easy"? There's no need for mere allegations, studies have shown it. Although I suspect much of it is while on their OE. The amusing thing is that the kiwi male broods on the egg, and a few years ago it was discovered that was because the female was off meeting other males.

Well played, you cuckold.

anyhoo, i believe that yesterday's events completely exonerate me from any suspicion as a villain.

VOTE EUROO7

anyhoo, i believe that yesterday's events completely exonerate me from any suspicion as a villain.

VOTE EUROO7

Completely agree with Yakman here.

Vote EUROO7

Would anyone know who the sorceror is on day four? The result looks good, but all it really tells us is which pack hunted last night.

Vote the_HDK

His votes have been on himself, or randomly on someone else for the most part, but when the sorcerer is run up, he joins the group running up Paen. There's no way to tell if a pack is in contact with a sorcerer, but that's a pretty interesting coincidence.

If Paendrag would have been online before the deadline, he could have prevented his own death. Oh well.

As for a suspect, I get bad vibes about the_hdk. During the day when Boris was lynched, he made sure to stay away from casting any deciding vote and instead wasted it on Najs who wasn't in contention for lynching. the day before that he placed his vote on himself. Yesterday he made sure to vote for Paendrag instead of Kriszo.

Vote the_hdk

Edit:

Vote the_HDK

His votes have been on himself, or randomly on someone else for the most part, but when the sorcerer is run up, he joins the group running up Paen. There's no way to tell if a pack is in contact with a sorcerer, but that's a pretty interesting coincidence.
Heh. I didn't even see this post before I hit "submit"

I agree with both of you, but I've already been following your leads quite enough for one game.

I agree with both of you, but I've already been following your leads quite enough for one game.
It's always useful to have more than one suspect. Who do you suggest?