• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What's Swedish for Kinky?

Kinky is beyond language! It was the first word the first caveman uttered to the first cavewoman when she slapped his balls with a large trout.

Kinky is beyond language! It was the first word the first caveman uttered to the first cavewoman when she slapped his rakad pung with a large trout.

Fixed and lol

What happened to you Jonti? You used to be (somewhat) civilised :(
When? :p
I ate a swede today and it empowered my inner VIKING!

There was also the infamous no-PM game hosted by The Gonzo but that was a Lite game so is harder to find.
Found it!
@pevergreen: I remember you talked about banning PMs for your upcoming game and that thread is one of the reasons why a lot of players oppose the idea. However the GM was a muppet so maybe the problem was with the GM and not the rule.

And from that thread this little gem:
Are we ever going to see a GOnzo-GM'd game that doesn't end with Gonzo being called the worst GM of all time?
For those who enjoy GM trashing there are more where that came from...

Also I'm

IN!

@pevergreen: I remember you talked about banning PMs for your upcoming game and that thread is one of the reasons why a lot of players oppose the idea. However the GM was a muppet so maybe the problem was with the GM and not the rule.

I don't remember saying that.

My rules forbid the revealing of seer results/role PM info privately, thats all. I encourage PMs.

After only three pages of mild debate:

If players of the game do not accept the rules as established by the director of the game, they should either come to terms and accept the rules or withdraw from active participation of the game, rather that continually engage in argumentative banter and clog the thread with extraneous complaints, rants and accusations that are little more than spam in terms of the affect on the Paradox servers. In the end the player that begins the thread and establishes the rules is in control of the game, so if you do not like the ground rules established, take your marbles and leave the game for another one that is more to your liking.

:laugh:

As for the game:

AOK called the actual problem in post 6:

Gonzo, if you are going to do this nonsense it must be banned completely. Banning it between goodies and not between baddies is completely unfair.

If you do not want PM's then ban them completely.

Other than that genuine problem, and the use of a sorceror in addition to no PMs, all I see is a lot of pensioners whinging about the furniture being moved.

;)

Good grief... a General Hannibal and a Hannibal Barca?

Oh, and the GM said (in the rules) there was one more wolf than there actually was. Meh. The no PM thing seemed to go without a hitch, and having one less wolf to find than you thought wasn't that big a deal, even if it's lousy GMing. Far worse was the ghost talk, that was directly related to the game.

Hm... and apparently the GM made up the whole toss a coin to decide in a tie on the fly, to stop two dead baddies day one. Bad GMing, but again, nothing to do with no PMs. And the GM denied that was why he tried it.

Nope, all I see is a lot of old timers moaning.

Looks to me that the main failure of that game was that he changed a rule midgame and then tried to cover his ass by saying he intended it to always be like that.

Nah, it was the easiest wolf win evar. Honestly we just sat back and let the village rip itself to shreds.

What happened was you see [Old WW Vet mode]
Gonzo got butthurt because the village destroyed his WW pack in the lite game before - which was easy 'cos he's rubbish not for anything devious - and os he decided that it was down to the village being able to PM each other to form a justice league. He wanted a "better" WW game which had no PMs from seer or villagers (utterly unenforceable but that's another story) and it blatently wasn't. Gonzo being a worse GM than Mr Sticky came second to the crapness of the format IMO

I fully sympathise with Gonzo. JLs are the bane of these forums, they really do make for stupid games when they're on a roll. The only question is how to give the village an alternative that requires more effort on their part, while still being effective. There are ways to do it without removing PMs, but it does make for a more interesting dynamic, and solves the JL problem.

I fully sympathise with Gonzo. JLs are the bane of these forums, they really do make for stupid games when they're on a roll. The only question is how to give the village an alternative that requires more effort on their part, while still being effective. There are ways to do it without removing PMs, but it does make for a more interesting dynamic, and solves the JL problem.

That's why you have to get smart wolves. :)
Gonzo's problem wasn't the JL it was that Ray Charles could see he was a wolf!

I've won a lite as a wolf in the JL by the way :p