• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Airport

befeuerungslbsued3pop.jpg

Welcome to The Airport. For Years upon Years, The Major Airlines have flown thousands of Passengers from here to worldwide destinations and have made a lot of profit. Since there is no competition between the Airlines, all is well on the outside. Yet all is not Well! They are threatened by the entry of the Discount Airlines! They have no use of nationalities and will compete on any route they deem profitable, outing the status que if needed. The Major Airlines convene a meeting and decide to work together against the new kids and protect their golden eggs!
Yet, rumour has it that some airlines have already made agreement with the Discount Airlines and will join them shortly.... This can not be allowed to happen!

Protect the Profit! Protect the Passengers from the Horrible idea of low-fare air-travel!

DEADLINE IS 20.00 GMT!

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?572502-Werewolf-CXVIII-The-Airport"

I'm back.
Am I alive?

Night 2: enkhuush turned
Night 6: They tried to hunt Jopi - he was out (Really, Adamus? Awful hunt)
Night 7: Molar pack dead, so no order carried out.

Seriously?
Taiisataii would have scanned Jopi too if I hadn't stopped him ..

And the Night 7 hunt not happening is not something a GM should allow to happen. Game pace is important, having people not die for no reason is a shame. Besides, the baddies could have used a hunt right about then ..

ive become very disallusioned by werewolf lately. That is all.

Did EL even give you guys my name? Or did you decide to ignore that on purpose? I got zero contact with you - understandable - but Taiisatai / reis never got in touch either, and that I plain do not understand.

As for the "stupid wolf pack hunting the spokesperson" crap - really Adamus, AVN should have been hunted on day 2. We just cannot allow the spokesperson to live. *especially* not if he shows up as a seer on sorcerer's scans ..

Things worked out quite well this game. And yes I took some risks (for example by becoming a spokesperson as the seer, or by declaring that I was a member of the JL on day 2).
But they worked because noone expected I would take such risks as a seer.

I actually asked my pack to hunt you earlier.
They just didn't do it ..

I also wanted to show that once you have a powerful JL, the chances for the wolves to win the game are low.
After day 3/4 when I was in contact with the priest and the lover I had much information on the remaining players.
There were just a few left we had no information about.
And then it's just a matter of systematically scanning and blocking the "unknown players".
For example at the end of this game we had the names of all the remaining cultists and the sorc.
We only had to find the turned wolf, who wasn't there. But we should have found him soon too. Even if Jopi would have been cursed ...

Right.
So why did you leave them alive? No pressing need, I take it?

Also, it was Bagricula who tried to hunt AVN (one reason I was annoyed that he outed me when he woke up), on the advice of Taii, if I remember correctly :mad:

We didn't hunt him early enough, really. Yeah, it killed our pack, but it killed him *more* to not do it sooner.
As for 'bad baddie play', well, you'll have to apologise me there. I can tell you simply enough that I hate being evil. With a vengeance. Especially when you have this unkillable JL spokesperson Seer with no way to get at him (except by risking a wolf ..), and people going after you for reasons you cannot really fathom at all.

I don't recall when we actually got confirmation of him being the seer :/

A few days before we actually hunted him.
And a few days after I suggested to you guys to hunt him on principle due to him claiming to be 'in contact with' the Seer.

If I recall correctly, Molar were going to hunt AVN night 3, but Taiisatai contacted us and said he was going to scan AVN. Whatever the case, both packs knew AVN was seer on day 4, as Taiisatai and randakar said they would contact the outed Eternaly_Lost. Why the Canine pack didn't hunt him that night, I don't know.

Myeah.

I think it does vindicate what some of us have been saying about JLs being able to steamroll when they get going... and yet with Enk's hunter trait, AVN shouldn't have survived.

Well, here's the thing.
You hunt the spokesperson, as a baddie with a hunter trait, you're dead.
Because it gets your name in the update.
Simples.
Maybe we need to change that though ..

Personally I would think that blessing the seer or priest should never be done unless there are no apprentices. Killing AVN would have been like trying to sprint through molasses, particularly if the GA was in: 50% chance of blocking by the GA, then next hunt 50% of working versus Doc; if it doesn't then the hunt is blocked by the blessed trait and you need to hunt again; the GA will likely be protecting again, that's another hunt, then back to the Doc... GA+Doc+Blessed is virtually impregnable. Need a hunter or brutal to circumvent it. So we're getting back toward the planning thread discussion of how to prevent super JLs.

It could have been even worse.
He could have had an apprentice..

Poor baddie play might actually have contributed here, although I'm not sure what tools the baddies really had. A lot of baddies with no tools is less useful than fewer baddies with more tools. When your only tool is hunts and the other side's spokesman and seer is virtually impervious to hunts, what can you do? Someone else said the seerish and priestly powers also affected it. Depending on how many there were, that might also have been an issue.

For the molars:
A 2nd and command and 5th in command don't do much if the 1st in command is a known goodie lover. Unlynchable and unhuntable. Jay.
No hunter or brutal traits. A spiritually attuned trait that got murdered by the other pack. A sorcerous powers scan that did absolutely zilch.
So uhm, no. No tools to speak of.

Did EL even give you guys my name? Or did you decide to ignore that on purpose? I got zero contact with you - understandable - but Taiisatai / reis never got in touch either, and that I plain do not understand.

The priest contacted canine pack on day two, pretending to be the sorceror. When Taiisatai contacted them on day four, they thought he was the impostor.

The priest contacted canine pack on day two, pretending to be the sorceror. When Taiisatai contacted them on day four, they thought he was the impostor.

So.... much... damn.... fail....

I had a cultist backing my claim, for god's sake! WHAT THE HELL?! Did they think I had gotten another member of the JL to potentially jeopardize himself to help me infiltrate the other pack? Seriously...

I had a cultist backing my claim, for god's sake! WHAT THE HELL?! Did they think I had gotten another member of the JL to potentially jeopardize himself to help me infiltrate the other pack? Seriously...

Not to mention that telling them the mouthpiece was the seer is pretty easy to believe.

As for the "stupid wolf pack hunting the spokesperson" crap - really Adamus, AVN should have been hunted on day 2. We just cannot allow the spokesperson to live. *especially* not if he shows up as a seer on sorcerer's scans ..

Hunting the spokesman is usually a good idea. The only reason not to is if you know he's a lover, hunter, or it's so late in the game the JL will have a stack of them up their sleeves and you'd rather roll the dice on hitting the seer. Not fair to call hunting the spokesman bad wolf play.

I actually asked my pack to hunt you earlier.
They just didn't do it ..

Yeah, see, that's bad wolf play.

Right.
So why did you leave them alive? No pressing need, I take it?

In your case, as I understand it, they only knew your name on the last day. I had priestly powers and contacted AVN offering them, he told me to scan you, confirmed you as a cultist. Given the roll that was going against wolves, and the game ending with all wolves dead, there was no need to go after you when they had deduced the last wolf.

Well, here's the thing.
You hunt the spokesperson, as a baddie with a hunter trait, you're dead.
Because it gets your name in the update.
Simples.
Maybe we need to change that though ..

Someone said prior to my comment that Enk could have shot AVN. I checked for myself, Enk died the day one pack got confirmation that AVN was the seer, so that's strictly true but shooting a mere spokesman and falling on your sword for it isn't the best idea. Prince of Savoy, if it's true he was a hunter, should have done the deed. If you know he's a spokesman-seer and you've a 25% chance of it all going wrong, shoot the beggar. What better target is going to crop up for your hunter trait than a likely protected spokesman seer?

It might also make sense to remove the hunter's name from updates. Not sure what the balance consequences would be, but it might be worth a try.

It could have been even worse.
He could have had an apprentice..

I'm surprised he didn't, because there were a few in the game.

For the molars:
A 2nd and command and 5th in command don't do much if the 1st in command is a known goodie lover. Unlynchable and unhuntable. Jay.
No hunter or brutal traits. A spiritually attuned trait that got murdered by the other pack. A sorcerous powers scan that did absolutely zilch.
So uhm, no. No tools to speak of.

As I said in my statement, I wasn't sure what tools you guys had. The answer is "none". A pack with only hunts, in a Big? Bigs have a lot of traits, some are specific to goodies (witness) some are usually wolf traits (brutal) , but they need to balance out. Admittedly I'd have thought sheer numbers of wolves would have helped, although strategy would have been near-nil, but still for future reference: traits are part of balance as much as roles.

So, again, this comes back to the planning thread discussion about balancing against ironman JLs. The baddies definitely need tools to dismantle JLs. If JLs can resurrect, all the better, but at least start by allowing the wolves to break JLs.

Did the priest give a scan list?
Of course I did. Otherwise I would not have been believed

That's why I 'scanned' you as an apprentice. It would be believable for an apprentice to try and infiltrate the baddies and I had hoped the wolves would hunt you.

You want an AAR?

The GM AAR part 1 (setup)

esemesas and I had multiple conversations over what we should do with the cultists. Often, wolfpacks just throw them under the nearest big, heavy bus to gain credibility, and I didn't want that happening. We had already agreed that the packs would be named "Canine" and "Molar". Over a couple of days, I took some parts of the rules from other games, but mostly re-wrote them in my own words, to give me a better feel as to how the traits worked. Some I left alone, such as lover, but others I changed the workings of - such as the hunter, who I thought was a bit overpowered, and made the addition that he dies (unless he's protected) if hunted.

I decided to use random.org to do my trait distribution. I'm still comparatively new to the game of Werewolf, especially in big. I copied down the distributions for roles from both Kiwi's and johho's games, as I thought they were nicely balanced, to give me some idea of what to do, and discussed this with ese. And here's what came out, after I re-did some traits to fix them, eg. lover wolf.

Seer
blessed
Priest

Sorcerer
fourth in command
Doctor
seerish powers
GA
spiritually attuned
Villager
cursed apprentice
Villager
apprentice hunter (cursed added later, hehehe)
Villager
apprentice
Villager
witness
Villager
cursed priestly powers
Villager
lover leader
Villager
seerish powers
Villager
priestly powers
Villager
third in command
Villager

Cultist
blessed lover
Cultist Pack B
sorcerous powers second in command
Cultist Pack A
hunter
Cultist Pack B
spiritually attuned
Cultist Pack A
brutal
Werewolf Pack B

Werewolf Pack A

Werewolf Pack B
fifth in command
Werewolf Pack A
sorcerous powers
I went with packs of four, since I thought three would be too few to reach parity with that easily, and one unattached cultist, who was very important. I then randomly assigned each role to a player.

Werewolf Lite CCXX: The Fall of Gondolin

It is more than 6500 years before Frodo Baggins set out on his journey to Mount Doom. In the unnumbered years of the First Age, the elves and their allies fight a hopeless war against Morgoth, a fallen god who was the first Dark Lord. They look to take back by force the three Silmarils - jewels of unsurpassed beauty - that he stole. Having forsaken the council of the gods and slain their kin in their pursuit of vengeance, they have been doomed to fight this war alone.

The war is now coming to an end. Betrayed by men, the final attempt of the elves to overthrow the fortress of Morgoth became known as the Battle of Unnumbered Tears, the Nirnaeth Arnoediad. The forces of evil swept over the land, and one by one the great fortresses of the elves fell - some to dragons and orcs, others to betrayal and fighting within. Now all that remains is the hidden city of Gondolin, ruled by the High King of the elves, Turgon.

Morgoth turned his will to finding this city, and soon determined that it was hidden somewhere in the mountains of the north. Before long his spies captured Maeglin, one of the elves of the city, while he was out looking for ore to mine far from its hidden valley. Maeglin gladly offered to give Morgoth the location of the city - in exchange for lordship over it and the hand of Turgon's daughter and only child, Idril. Now Morgoth could destroy the last of those who opposed him. Maeglin returned to the city, keeping secret his betrayal and preparing his followers to turn on it from within.

In dreams the god of waters spoke to Turgon, telling him the time had come to abandon Gondolin and seek atonement with the gods of the west. Yet out of pride of the splendour of the city he had built, Turgon refused. And so Gondolin was set upon unawares by orcs and dragons and wolves and balrogs, at a time of feasting and celebration.

And so you stand, great heroes both man and elf, fighting desperately to allow a few to escape through secret tunnels beneath the city - or to betray your kin in hope of the power Morgoth has offered you.

Last edited:

And you told that cultist about me, after you claimed me.

Of course I did. Otherwise I would not have been believed

That's why I 'scanned' you as an apprentice. It would be believable for an apprentice to try and infiltrate the baddies and I had hoped the wolves would hunt you.

You took a gamble, though. Had that pack a sorcerish scan to check your identity, and you would be in trouble.

You took a gamble, though. Had that pack a sorcerish scan to check your identity, and you would be in trouble.
Yes I gambled, but I thought it worth the risk. I hadn't expected there to be so many cultists. I thought I had allmost no useful scanning targets left so I wanted to draw out a wolf. I hadn't foreseen there were more cultists than wolves this game :p