• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also, I've updated the first pages with an order of events, and links to each update. I'm finalising the finishing touches to the roster and everything so that future people will be able to read and navigate the game with ease without having it spoiled. I think the spoiler tags are very useful here. Most times I'm reading back through a game the roster has the roles of every player out in the open, which tends to spoil things somewhat. I'm going to put a blank list of players then, under a spoiler, the order of events and the role list of each player, if I have time.
Good idea! I'll go back and do that with the games I hosted too.

In retrospect, I have to remark that I'm a little saddened that I seemed to have been deliberately proffered, without my suggestion, much less assent or even any foreknowledge, as wolf-bait by walrus.

You had used witnessing up and thus outlived your usefulness. :p

I'm not sure. If you read the whole thing, Walrus edited it out within minutes, he immediately redacted the stuff about you. I think he may really have genuinely considered the possibility that you were the seer.
Also, I'm pretty sure the wolves did not see the original form of the post and it wasn't the reason you were hunted anyway. In fact, I think I'm the only person who saw it in time...

:ninja:

I didn't realise there had been some info in that post that was later removed. I thought the redaction happened before the post was done.

The wolves hunt Skobelev, but his bless saves him! This was a bit of a slip-up as the Triads had scanned Skobelev as blessed much earlier in the game, but clearly it had been forgotten in the stream of information. Walrus would've been a much better hunt.
The village continues its heroic fightback!

Didn't the wolves actually hunt Walrus then, though? I'm pretty sure he got whacked before my blessed deflected a hit.

edit: yes, Walrus got hit here, on night 10. No-hunt on me was night 11.

Also, that J. Pass plot was brilliant. Too bad it didn't work, really. One of the dangers (in more way than one) with having robber who can switch sides.

My backstabbing was motivated by the fact that I realized it was going to be hard to change votes without looking suspicious (I think I voted for Comm Cody before I even was put in contact with HDK, but certainly before I knew anything about Cody) and by a strong suspicion that walrus was up to something other than being in the JL. I did poke at the thread to see if I could latch onto an excuse to change my vote but decided it wasn't a good idea, and then Cody got outed anyway.

As soon as I was outed, I just told my pack-mates to bandwagon on voting me to save them.

It didn't work.

Did johho ever actually use his ability?

Did johho ever actually use his ability?

?

He scanned Hax, found him brutal wolf and then next night shot him. Or am I missing something essential?

So, just to confirm, was leksu cursed or not? Because the order should have gone through

I think leksu got hunted once during the game and saved by blessed. I didn't see anything about cursed in the update but then again Marty didn't tell about blesseds, either.

?

He scanned Hax, found him brutal wolf and then next night shot him. Or am I missing something essential?

Shouldn't a Van Helsing have scanned everyone, not just Hax?

Okay, I stand corrected.

Sounds slightly underpowered, but then again there is no such thing as an underpowered scanner.

Okay, I stand corrected.

Sounds slightly underpowered, but then again there is no such thing as an underpowered scanner.

Well, combine that with hunter and one eye open, and it becomes a very, very strong role. He can (potentially) out one wolf, shoot another, and he can't really be hunted unless the wolves are willing to lose another member of their pack. And even if he wastes his super-scan on a villager, he can form an instant mini-JL. Not bad at all, I'd say.

?

I think leksu got hunted once during the game and saved by blessed. I didn't see anything about cursed in the update but then again Marty didn't tell about blesseds, either.
I cursed him on the last night, I was just wondering if it went through....

It is kinda underpowered as a scanner alone, given it's one shot nature. As a whole it is arguably the most powerful role (other than maybe a wolf with a couple of traits).

I still wouldn't call it underpowered, even as a scanner. It's way better than the one-shot seerish/priestly/other powers that are often given as traits, since you get complete information from it.

Najs said:
Snoop was outed, meaning there should have been a high probability Split made contact with them.

Now that I think of it, this was a missed opportunity. If snoop was going to die (admittedly, not a foregone conclusion, but not unlikely, the way things were going), it would have been a great thing if he had just openly admitted to being a wolf, immediately getting SPLIT on our side and feeding cursed players to us rather than the Triads. It almost creates a perverse incentive to be the first pack to have a wolf outed.

I cursed him on the last night, I was just wondering if it went through....

Ah, right. I don't see why it shouldn't have gone through, maybe GM forgot about it in his last day update since it didn't affect anything, or perhaps felt it wasn't something update should contain (like used up blesseds).

I still wouldn't call it underpowered, even as a scanner. It's way better than the one-shot seerish/priestly/other powers that are often given as traits, since you get complete information from it.

Not to mention has the power to act upon this knowledge via hunter ability!

Now that I think of it, this was a missed opportunity. If snoop was going to die (admittedly, not a foregone conclusion, but not unlikely, the way things were going), it would have been a great thing if he had just openly admitted to being a wolf, immediately getting SPLIT on our side and feeding cursed players to us rather than the Triads. It almost creates a perverse incentive to be the first pack to have a wolf outed.

But would it have been believable that day 1 fake outing of rival came from a wolf? Everybody just saw the lynch victim to be innocent villager with rival and the natural assumption would be that another villager-rival got him killed. Had it been wolf rival he would have just used hunt, right? So I'm not sure THE_SPLIT would have gone for it.

Werewolf CLVIII: Infernal Affairs - The Game Master's After Action Report

Day 10:

I stated last chapter that I'd be very surprised if tamius wasn't lynched. And the day starts predictably:
Absolutely no explanation!

vote tamius23

Vote tamius23
Just a hunch, but he might be a wolf.

Vote tamius

Call no man happy until he is dead.

Based on a count made a few pages back, and given the result of last night, we should still have :
  • 1 Triad wolf
  • 1 Winter Hill wolf
  • 2 Winter Hill cultists
  • up to 2 Winter Hill Turned Wolves

Given we are now nine, that breaks it to :
  • 3-5 Villagers
  • 1 Triad
  • 3-5 Winter Hill gang

Obviously, we are in trouble, as we are about at parity. Our priority should be to go for finding the Winter Hill gang.

Looking back, one player that stands out is Johho.

He did vote for madchemist, and did change his vote but he had probable cause. But given that both were outed on same day before he voted, that doesn't mean much.

Good track record regarding Triad pack, even hunted Hax.

I guess he could be a Winter Hill candidate as cultist (as a wolf and hunter don't seem likely).

Tamius has a proper record against Triad pack too. But it almost looks like he wanted to close the gap to save snoop dog, now proven Winter Hill baddie.

Vote
Tamius
"3-5" Winter Hills?!

Now then, with the loss of huge blubbery thing, which I assume must have been police department mascot, we must sööölv the case by ourselves. First of, I'd like leksu to tell us who are priest-scanned so we might rule out the possibilites of them being cultists. Now then, they aren't cleared of being wolves so that must be kept in mind.

Not really. I read the GM announcement about "game being precariously balanced atm" (or something like that) and not wanting to autolynch people. I'd assume chances are bigger that zombies are villagers than that they are baddies so there it is. Besides, now we have something to work with.

Hmm. Genuinely not just tie prevention or is that alibi voting. Can't decide.

Votes for aedan, still gets upset aedan gets more votes...

Either attempt to point finger at enemy packmate or just protect packmate seeing how word of lynched wolf wouldn't carry all that much weight?

It isn't, "count" is not Finnish word. ;)

Wrong pack... how come I get the feeling about this that you knew which pack he belonged to and said the other thing as we might question later how you knew about the right pack.

Hmm? Claiming to be brutal, here?

How about you give some ideas for your prime suspects?

Is that outing?

Duh? The no-hunt nights have been 3, 5 and 7 - all triad hunts. That is, red wolves by the vote count list I posted.

Code:
[COLOR="#FF0000"]reds  [/COLOR]                             [COLOR="#808080"]grays[/COLOR]
Citizen1oo1 wolf                   Falc wolf
Comm Cody wolf, GC member          snoopdogg wolf with rival
?                                  madchemist the brutal werewolf
Wagonlitz (-> J. Pass), cultist    ?
Steed, cultist with one eye open   ?
aedan777 turned wolf

That leaves red 1-2 wolfs and 2 no-hunt nights to be solved.
And for grays that leaves 2 cultists and possibly 1 wolf, no turned ones.

So yes, wolves could very well hold majority at this point. What happens to cultists when wolves of the pack die - can they jump to the other pack?
The village continues to be certain the Winter Hill Gang must have two cultists :D

I was interested to see what the_hdk would do here. He tried to save Cody two days ago, but seeing which way the wind was blowing he sold-out Aedan last night. But now he has a bit of credibility, numbers are once again important.
He comes into the thread, with four votes on his only packmate, and none on anyone else.
hmmm...sadly i wont have muh time to be active till tonight :)

so far only 1 vote? :(

Skobie provides the count.
tamius23: 4
johho888 [2471]
Nautilu [2492]
leksu [2514]
gigau [2525]

not voted: 5
Gen. Skobelev []
the_hdk []
Eternaly_Lost []
Najs []
tamius23

It's a very difficult position to be in. Even voting tamius is of little use here, if tamius gets lynched it won't give him much cred, and yet doing it will essentially guarantee his death. On the other hand, being the first person to vote against the wagon is not a good thing to do. So he makes a classic wolf move in this situation, and vacillates, tests the waters:
wow we have a bandwagon on tamius....any reaosn for this? anything I missed?

I gave a start of a reason.

I've really been getting some wolf vibes from you.

But i think the remaining wolves have manages to erase their tracks pretty well. And i know being ruthless is not beyond you…

Did you try to deflect the guilt of placing an alibi vote on your pack mate by trying to make me take the fall for it ?

Plus you are careful not to produce any suggestions yourself.

So you think it's too much of a bandwagon… i'll be happy to oblige :

Unvote Tamius

Vote the_hdk
Gigau obliges by switching his vote, but not in a very helpful way :p
Yet, it still opens up the voting more.
It also perhaps clears the way for Leksu to change his vote here:

Walrus didn't tell me. I didn't even know he was the priest.

Also, I wouldn't consider johho888 to be a bad lynch, as I just realized that the day he was introduced to the PJL, our members started being hunted.

He received the first PM on the 23.; OY was hunted on the 23., Cliges on the 24. and walrus on the 25..

Walrus was the PJL spokesman, but, as far as I know, OY and Cliges weren't openly known to be members of the PJL.

I am aware this may not mean anything, but at least it's something.

No. It's a thought for the day.

Unvote tamius
Vote johho888
, for now

Nobody is innocent, there are merely varying levels of guilt.

Probably not having much time RL to devote, The_hdk makes a vote on Eternaly_Lost.

Gigau listens to the_hdk's defense, and Leksu's post, and follows him, switching to Johho888.
Considering Johho shot Hax a while ago, this doesn't seem the best choice. On the other hand, considering the village is convinced everyone else is a WHG wolf, and given that there was a no-hunt night after the Hax kill (which indeed had a turn, only it was tamius) it's not actually a very bad choice.
Unless you were to have came to the conclusion that he is van Helsing.

Eternaly_Lost continues to suspect Johho and puts another vote on him.

Up until now, Skobelev has been the most active in the thread but has not voted. Now, though, he puts a vote on tamius, putting him back up in the spotlight. Najs makes a vote for E_L. The vote is currently tamius 3 Johho 3 E_L 2

Now comes the defining voting event of the game,

Meh. Better EL than johho.

unvote tamius23, vote Eternaly_Lost

I guess.

unvote tamius, vote Eternaly_Lost
Two quick votes in a row by skobie and johho will end up lynching Eternaly_Lost

EL switches to tamius, then tamius votes EL, both out of self-preservation.

Now, I haven't got any pms remaining, but Eternaly_Lost was enough of a good sport to post his brutal in the thread:
To unsave you.

Brutal Tamius23

:)

I honestly have no idea who my wolf pack is. I got assigned an Zombie, and no one thought to contact me all game. :(
The last line is quite important. When he talks about "Zombie" he actually means GUG (and later Falc, but GUG in this context)...
However, the village will later interpret this to mean him outing his remaining packmate, and use that to suspect Ese/TSP/Gigau, and Vainglory/Nautilu. The latter is in fact his pack master! Of course, not exactly a complete coincidence as it is more likely for a zombie not to follow up on this kind of thing.

NOW the wolves, well the last Triad wolf (!) hunts Skobelev, but hits his blessed.
Another Triad Wolf dead! And no villagers dying at all! With EL dead also, that's two dead baddies and no dead villagers, only one wolf left from each pack, against 5 villagers! For the first time it looks genuinely likely the village will manage to turn this around!

I meant to get around to answering comments and stuff but it's been so long since the last chapter and I really want to wrap this AAR up soon - preferably before Tamius' Night 1 - and give y'all something to read in the meanwhile, so I put this one up first.