We're pleased to announce The Great Paradox Tourney! Our first official Steel Division Tournament!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheLetterZ

Community Developer, general sweetheart
46 Badges
Nov 5, 2013
  • Empire of Sin
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Paradox Order
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Rome Gold
  • Starvoid
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sengoku
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
tournament.jpg

Hear hear Steel Division players far and wide! While this took a bit longer than anticipated to get together I am pleased to finally announce The Great Paradox Tourney! Our first Paradox hosted SD:N44 tournament! For now, this is just about signing up and showing that you are ready to prove your and your Battlegroup's abilities in the fields of Normandy!

With the format we have chosen we're limited to 32 players at the most but if interest exceeds that we'll make sure to do more and hopefully bigger things in the future!

Tournament sign up CLOSED!

Prizes:
1st: Three titles of choice from Paradoxplaza
2nd: Two titles of choice from Paradoxplaza
3rd: One title of choice from Paradoxplaza

Raffle!
Everyone who is signing up and answer the final question making this whole thing legal is entered into our raffle where you have a chance at winning 1 out of 10 Steel Division Dog Tags and one Steel Division mousepad! If I can get my hands on some more sweet stuff there might be a few surprises as well but this is what we're looking at right now! :)
20171027_171206.jpg

The Game setup:
All matches are 1v1

1) Players Cointoss using http://cointossr.com/
2) Winner picks either faction or map
3) Loser picks what's left
4) Winner bans one of losers divisions
5) Loser bans 2 division from winners
6) Winner bans a 2nd division from loser
7) Build battlegroups based on the picks that remain.
8) Play will be conquest with standard recruitment points on a 40min timer.

In Bo3s the loser in the first game with act as the cointoss winner for the next game in the series.

Game will be played on 40min timer with standard recrtuitment points.
After games have been comepleted replays and battleground lists need to be sent to the organizers.
If replay and battlegroup lists are not submitted within 3 days that will be counted as a loss for the player that failed to submit.

The Bracket:
Tournament.JPG

The Bracket has been made with the help of Community Ambassador @Sound Of Trance , please report your game results to him either here or the Tournament Discord Channel so that he can update the bracket accordingly!

JOIN THE TOURNAMENT DISCORD!
Organize your games, sort cointosses and prep or simply come hang out with other Steel Division: Normandy 44 fans! See you there!
Join the channel HERE: https://discord.gg/8CVmj5R

Last edited:
A nice thing to do would be to allow spectating the games.

So what will the format be? Round robin?

I assume it won't be a full round robin as that would mean 1024 matches, which is by far too many for one tournament. My guess is it would be a round robin in sections of 4 (or larger) with the player with the most wins going on to continue the tournament with elimination until there is a winner. I don't really know how it is going to work since i'm not organising it but this is my educated guesstimate.

I'm in. Have not played for a while. Searching for friends to practice with. 2 bans. No more 4 armored and 3fsj yay! :p But not enough for making germans a bit better imho.

We're actually already 32+ signups! Saying that it is of course still absolutely fine to sign up to enter the raffle and you will of course be eligible to play should someone else drop out! Be aware though that signing up now does not guarantee a place in the tournament! :)

Thrilled to see such enthusiasm!

Hey everyone! So glad to see all the enthusiasm! Both me and @cKnoor (my co-organizer) have been home sick for most of this week so we haven't managed to put a bracket together! Granted that we're both back and healthy we hope to have this done during next week! :)