Welcome to the City of Lights in the latest expansion for Cities in Motion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a secret to placing waterbus piers? There are huge swaths of the Seine banks that seem unable to host waterbus pier stops. Whether it's riverside avenues next to the Eiffel or pedestrian paths south of the Louvre, I'd really like more flexibility in placing these things. (especially because waterbuses were a significant selling point in this DLC)

Is there a secret to placing waterbus piers? There are huge swaths of the Seine banks that seem unable to host waterbus pier stops.
See my comment above:
"The video suggests to build waterbus lines on the river. That's kind of a joke, right? Basically it is impossible to put the piers anywhere on the river bank...Even in the video it looks fairly funny that the way down to the pier goes through a block of concrete...
Otherwise the map is really great and fun, but this is a bit annoying..."

The video suggests to build waterbus lines on the river. That's kind of a joke, right? Basically it is impossible to put the piers anywhere on the river bank...Even in the video it looks fairly funny that the way down to the pier goes through a block of concrete...
Otherwise the map is really great and fun, but this is a bit annoying...

I think it is because there is a waterbus system in Paris (although I don't know anyone taking it everyday, it is damn slow).

Edit: in real life they go from the east of Paris to Austerlitz train station (maybe up to Notre Dame, but I doubt it). If you can put it only there it would be accurate :p. I don't think in real life there is enough room in the center of the city to put waterbuses.

Well, i don't mind real life, in the game it could be nice and useful, but i haven't managed to find any good locations for the stops to make some profit.

Is there a secret to placing waterbus piers? There are huge swaths of the Seine banks that seem unable to host waterbus pier stops. Whether it's riverside avenues next to the Eiffel or pedestrian paths south of the Louvre, I'd really like more flexibility in placing these things. (especially because waterbuses were a significant selling point in this DLC)

I actually run a loop service around the island on the far left of the map, and this is enough to service most that side without the need for any other transport. And for a while I used buses to connect the industrial area to this loop; though that was unsustainable. Of course, these routes aren't really worth running until you have a metro to connect them to, so set up the metro and then use the water buses to bring people to an otherwise unpopular station.

Heh...i reached 1973 and the motorway ring around the city got built...but how? Everything changes at once...all the roads and buildings disappeared and the whole ring just appeared at the same time...I would have expected it to be a bit more phased...Many of my lines got cut (without any prior warnings or showing the tram tracks in red) and it was really weird that the whole motorway appeared at once and that the buildings didn't get demolished in advance or something like that...all in all, this wasn't a nice experience...
but build mod proved to be really useful now, it helped me restore the most important routes at least...

have downloaded the add-on "Cities in Motion - Paris" on Steam on Mac. This add-on has a bug : all the parisiens bus/tram/subway are available in any time. It's weird to have the possibility to use a XXI tramway in 1920.

In addition, could I deinstall the add-on from steam ?