• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yenyang

Sergeant
9 Badges
Jun 30, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
In-Game Water Tool - Place, remove, and edit water sources. Lakes, Streams, Rivers, and Seas. Optional Opt-out: Seasonal Streams - Flow rates vary with season, precipitation, and snow melt. Optional Opt-in: Waves and Tides - Sea level rises and falls.

Please provide feedback here. You can report bugs or issues you think are specifically related to Water Features. If you have suggestions for future updates, that is also appreciated and belongs in this thread.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Already my fav mod when I've found it on Thunderstore :)
It gives me... headaches too with all those waves :D:D

If you (or anyone else) know any tricks on the river flow adjustments and what means what exactly and what to expect when adjusting the sliders, that would be brilliant :)

I spent a few hours having a good time flooding my coastal town when i got my tides too high....

Weird that ships can still navigate though dried up bay (yeah... i have drained the sea as well) but that's something CO would have to ... adjust
:D

• 1Like
Reactions:
Already my fav mod when I've found it on Thunderstore :)
It gives me... headaches too with all those waves :D:D

If you (or anyone else) know any tricks on the river flow adjustments and what means what exactly and what to expect when adjusting the sliders, that would be brilliant :)

I spent a few hours having a good time flooding my coastal town when i got my tides too high....

Weird that ships can still navigate though dried up bay (yeah... i have drained the sea as well) but that's something CO would have to ... adjust
:D
Have you read the descriptions in the settings? Is there a specific one you want me to explain further?

brilliant mod, thank you so much! For my city, I need slow, shallow creeks, but I keep running into the same issue: even with the lowest flow rate, my creeks turn into rivers, always filled to the brim. Is that something you can improve? Am I doing something wrong? Is it just how water behaves in the game?

Have you read the descriptions in the settings? Is there a specific one you want me to explain further?
Well the description here is a lot better than it was on Thunderstore. And the one that was in game (same as on thunderstore) was full of technical weird stuff... Can't check it now as my game doesn't load any mods at all, apart from maps.

brilliant mod, thank you so much! For my city, I need slow, shallow creeks, but I keep running into the same issue: even with the lowest flow rate, my creeks turn into rivers, always filled to the brim. Is that something you can improve? Am I doing something wrong? Is it just how water behaves in the game?
Mine was the complete opposite :D
I was usually running out of water in rivers :)

I think we need to go back to Thunderstore for the time being as mods don't work on Mods platform, they just simply don't appear there. Even maps have problems being read by the game :(

Is it still the same version of your mod up there? Or is it slightly behind?

I can’t change how the water system works, just the data behind it. there are some values I exposed that you can play with such as evaporation and fluidity. Fluidity is experimental because I added it without full understanding of what it does. I also have an idea for a different approach. Try setting small lakes along your creek with target elevation at the desired water level. It’s not something I have tried but it’s worth a shot.

I think we need to go back to Thunderstore for the time being as mods don't work on Mods platform, they just simply don't appear there. Even maps have problems being read by the game :(

Is it still the same version of your mod up there? Or is it slightly behind?
my Thunderstore mods are broken and I will not maintain them. CO/PDX will work on the mod loading issues, it’s their responsibility. Right now I recommend going to your active play set for PDX mods, resetting load order, restarting the game and trying again.

Hi YenYang! Thank you for your mod it's an incredible improvement over the game's water functions.

I am using your mod in the map editor at the moment, and I noticed something rather frustrating. Whenever I change the water simulation speed all water sources I placed using your mod disappear. When I look at the placed water sources, those of your mod don't add to the count and aren't taken account by the game.

Is that something you can fix?

Hi YenYang! Thank you for your mod it's an incredible improvement over the game's water functions.

I am using your mod in the map editor at the moment, and I noticed something rather frustrating. Whenever I change the water simulation speed all water sources I placed using your mod disappear. When I look at the placed water sources, those of your mod don't add to the count and aren't taken account by the game.

Is that something you can fix?
All the mod aspects in the editor are considered experimental. They’re very new and I just enabled that and didn’t do a lot of testing. I can investigate the issue when I have time. I do know that my “Lakes” only become constant level water sources after they reach the target elevation. Before that they are constant rate water sources. It’s possible that the differences between in-game and the map are editor are too much to expect my tool to work I’m for both.

• 1Like
Reactions:
All the mod aspects in the editor are considered experimental. They’re very new and I just enabled that and didn’t do a lot of testing. I can investigate the issue when I have time. I do know that my “Lakes” only become constant level water sources after they reach the target elevation. Before that they are constant rate water sources. It’s possible that the differences between in-game and the map are editor are too much to expect my tool to work I’m for both.
For now I shall do everything I can and leave the rivers to the end. I'll bet on you and test it out. I only have to not change the simulation speed.

For now I shall do everything I can and leave the rivers to the end. I'll bet on you and test it out. I only have to not change the simulation speed.
the testing and feedback for the editor is really helpful. Thanks. Until I make a map of my own I probably won’t spend much time there.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Finally i got it to work... I think. It was one of the sloppy modders who forgot to add a dependency.

So...
Seasonal Streams:
1 - Constant flow rate - I think I understand it but it's usually a multitude of things stacking up during the game play and changes to the mod's option that it's hard to distinguish what's what - if it's set for 0% would it dry up the streams and 100% would be the full constant flow rate?

Or is it adding to the current set up to 100% of its original value - meaning that if i set it up for 100% it would double the flow?

2 - then there is Seasonality which I understand will add up to changes in Constant flow rate , right? And so is Stormwater Effects working in the same fashion I guess?

3 - Multipliers.... are they additional layer to those options above? And if any of them is 0... I hope it's not 0 water flow rate ;) So, these two, are they acting like brackets within which seasonality, constant flow rate and stormwater would be changing?

I don't have much questions regarding Waves and Tides beside that when playing around, changes to Seasonal Streams seemed to affect the tides. Do you know if that's how it's working or shall keep checking (now that I finally have it working)?