• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The best mage is ofcourse Rita Repulsa

The reason is simple. Her powers were only surpassed by her sheer and pure wickedness and the will for world domination, it being either by sending swarms of white goons at the Power Rangers or by sending unearthly monsters down to earth, exploding them in size and let them wreck half a city.

No one in the 90's was safe from her wrath. The world only being saved by the Rangers in the nick of time, and often with sheer luck.

More recently she gained good magic, but it is sure only to be a matter of time until she twists that magic into something evil, to threaten the world before school hours again.

Last edited:
Vlad!!

The best mage of all times is Vlad!!

MagickaVlad2.jpg

Because he led the wizards into saving the world not only once, but twice! BLEEIGH!!

Gandalf. Despite being a demigod, turned down ultimate power and died to protect his charges, came back from the dead and in general drastically reshaped the history of Middle-earth (and that's leaving aside his meddling before they found the Ring).

He already had a ring of power tho

This is a tough question to answer. The Altmer from Summerset Isle or more known as the High Elfs make great mages as they have a vast understanding of elemental magic. But the Dunmer, known as Dark Elves who originate from Morrowind have a great understanding of the dark magics like necromancy and can also trick peoples minds with the arts of illusion or alteration. However I think the title belongs to the Bretons who hail from Highrock and are half-elfs. Besides possessing a moderate infinity to the knowledges of magic they can also wield arms just as easily, transforming them into a fierce battle mage, so I'd say the greatest mage of all time must have been a Breton.

Last edited:
Minister of Finance in my country. I pay him taxes... Shazam.... And he claims that there is no money, it disappears marvellously without trace... He is one and only true powerfull wizard... Better then Davida Copperfielda and Gandalf...

I personally like Rand from the Wheel of Time Series. He takes on the evil one power users in ways unexpectedly. I think hes creative, he pushes the limits of his power, he hates the one power and at the same time loves it. He also realizes there are consquences for using the one power.

Rincewind is without doubt the greatest mage ever. Why? Because he has a hat with "Wizzard" written on it! That's twice as many 'z's as an average wizard, clearly a sign of utter superiority!

I'm rather surprised that no one has mentioned this man:

Elminster_in_Myth_Drannor.jpg

When I first started playing Dungeons and Dragons, the first character I ever made was a Gnome Illusionist/Thief named Borythenes Bristleburr.

I remember my character asking an NPC (the Dungeon Master) who the most powerful mage in the world was and he told me Elminster.

Surely that NPC wouldn't lie to Borythenes and his 18 intelligence now would he? ;)

David Blaine! He made all those magic spells on the streets with no light effects, camera and sleeve tricks... wait! Maybe Mister M, the iconoclast magician.
There is also that guy who was at my 5th birthday. He made me pee coins for half a minute.

I'm rather surprised that no one has mentioned this man:

Elminster_in_Myth_Drannor.jpg

When I first started playing Dungeons and Dragons, the first character I ever made was a Gnome Illusionist/Thief named Borythenes Bristleburr.

I remember my character asking an NPC (the Dungeon Master) who the most powerful mage in the world was and he told me Elminster.

Surely that NPC wouldn't lie to Borythenes and his 18 intelligence now would he? ;)
After all D&D is great. PC-RPG is it in origin.

That reminds me, D&D Neverwinter will be released in Q4/2012.
Cheer up, Warlock too!