• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(131329)

Sergeant
3 Badges
Jan 7, 2009
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Iron Cross
I have to say...check out the 80cm railway cannon if you're playing Germany and looking for some laughs. I built precisely two of these things...started bombarding the Maginot Line with them on Sep 1st. 1939.

They are AWESOME!

On the first day, they knocked down two points of forts at Strasbourg. Within a week, half of it. By the time the rest of the army got back from Poland, all of it. This was too good to pass up...sent in the invasion, completely ignoring Belgium and Holland and the weather, and I got Vichy on Jan 2 1940.

German casualties so far about 100,000 having inflicted 250k apiece on Poland and France. Didn't even see an Englishman in France without an airplane, some ally! This is maybe 50,000 more than historical but I am six months ahead and looking to invade the UK in spring. In any case, hardly a bloodbath. Prised away from their defences, the French Army just sort of disintegrated.

Incidentally, in this game Japan has already annexed China and then turned them loose, I wonder where this will lead??

Lol i built 12 of those as the soviets, did nothing mentionworthy.... well except eating up supplies lol.

Use them in the Winter War to push through those for the Fins have. Otherwise put them on unit's you're not using.