• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, your idea sounds fine. Still, a shame you have to deal with the devil though.

Well, in all the best stories involving a deal with the devil a cunning human manages to trick old nick ;)

So that's one vote so far in favour of the alliance of the two emperors. Which way do the rest of you vote?

Last edited:
well your idea sounds pretty much okay, but germany should give france all french territory back (except for alsece-lorraine coz in TTL they won 3 wars over it) to minimize the tensions. on the other hand for being so submissive as a victor nation germany should get a big dissent penalty (even 10-15%).
anyway if played right france might turn out to be a better ally than a collection of eastern european countries

I still think that a cold war with a divided France is the most realist way. Don't forget the prussian aspect of imperial germany. Should I remember you that Francophobia long served as a national sentiment in Prussia?

I still think that a cold war with a divided France is the most realist way. Don't forget the prussian aspect of imperial germany. Should I remember you that Francophobia long served as a national sentiment in Prussia?

I had to research what "Sedantag" was as part of this AAR - I'm well acquainted with Prussian francophobia XD

Well I make that three votes for the Occitan Wall and three more for the Alliance of the Two Emperors. Will KaiserMuffin be the tie-breaker? (I suspect I already know how he's going to vote :p )

Last edited:
By the way, does anyone know the numbers of some event tags that are unused in Kaiserreich? I have a feeling I might need them for creating some custom events.

French partition sounds like the most likely solution. The Prussians would never hand France over to a Bonaparte. Remember the whole mess started because Napoleon III declared war in Prussia in 1871. :) No way they'd give the Boneys a second chance.

So they'd install a puppet king in Paris (Francois III?) even if it means decades of struggle.

Well, I'm going to work on the assumption that the Occitan Wall will be the way things are going to go.

So, as I said, if anyone know the numbers of any unused events in DH KR then that would be a big help. If not then I'll have to do some backing up and bastardising of existing events :)

You mean, free ID ranges? Just think of a number high enough - like 8993XXXX or something. :)

Yeah, that's what I mean. Is there any limit on how high the numbers can go?

And thanks :)

Righto. Just finished the events for the partition of France. I've still got a few more events to write though - such as expanding the Catholic League and actually building the Occitan Wall.

With regards to the latter, I'm pretty sure that there's an event somewhere where Canada fortifies it's border with America if the CSA wins the civil war. Does anyone know which file that event can be found in? The code from it would make writing an occitan wall event much easier :)

Even without it, though, I hope to have the next update done over this weekend.

Ugh. Okay, so I've been having a few teething troubles with getting the events to fire. Could anyone who knows about these things give me some assistance please? I've got the event written, I've got an event ID free for it, but I can't get it to run. Which event file should I save it in?

EDIT: Never mind, I've managed to solve the problem by stealing some CSA foreign policy events - given that the CSA lost the civil war they won't be used in this game anyway.

Last edited:
Ugh. Okay, so I've been having a few teething troubles with getting the events to fire. Could anyone who knows about these things give me some assistance please? I've got the event written, I've got an event ID free for it, but I can't get it to run. Which event file should I save it in?

EDIT: Never mind, I've managed to solve the problem by stealing some CSA foreign policy events - given that the CSA lost the civil war they won't be used in this game anyway.

Fool! The north shall rise again!

Fool! The north shall rise again!

Not if the Napoleons can help it. DEATH TO ALL COMMUNARDS!

That said, I've actually found myself giving the Soviet Republic a helping hand here and there in order to make the game more interesting :p

Okay, so obviously there wasn't an update yesterday. Sorry about that - I got too distracted playing the AAR rather than writing it :p

But I've got my fix now and I hope to do some update writing this evening.

Incidentally, would anyone like the save games files for just after the partition so that they can choose their own path for France? If they do then I can stick them up somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.