• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oh, I so wish we could do a kickstarter to fund additional bugfixing...I'd be in for 100EUR. However, I understand that a kickstarter campaign to fix/expand Vic2 could open up liability issues for Paradox...

I believe you mean price limits. It looks like it is just constants like x1/5(low) and x5(high) of initial price in goods.txt. If devs will try to change it to 0.001 and 999.999 that could provide a natural decision for overproduced or deficit goods. Though, it could make economy too volatile or make Caps gone totally crazy. If devs could replace those constants into config file I would SO much happy. Oh, and variable price changing speed would be cool too. Like, if there is really big difference between supply and demand then price should change faster. Not constant 0.001 per day.

No I don't. At present, Vic2 creates shortages and gluts, like I mentioned. This manifests itself in a lot of games as nations being totally unable to get certain kinds of goods even if they're willing to pay for them - no matter how much they're willing to pay for them, because they're all being snapped up by other nations. This same and related phenomenon cause a lot of the weird problems and volatility in the Vic2 economy. Every actor who's willing to pay market price should be able to buy the good.

Variable price changing speed would be very welcome. In theory, if supply and demand were elastic and conformed to a curve, this would fix the above problem. However, both tend to be semiconstant or unrelated to changing prices in Vic2.

No I don't. At present, Vic2 creates shortages and gluts, like I mentioned. This manifests itself in a lot of games as nations being totally unable to get certain kinds of goods even if they're willing to pay for them - no matter how much they're willing to pay for them, because they're all being snapped up by other nations. This same and related phenomenon cause a lot of the weird problems and volatility in the Vic2 economy. Every actor who's willing to pay market price should be able to buy the good.
Oh, You did not get my idea. I wanted to say that price limits IS the reason for "shortages and gluts". For example, there is shortage of Steel. Price goes to high limit (23.5 in vanilla, IIRC) and stuck there. From now, there is no matter how much money you and whole world have - price would not grow any more. Even if you super rich you can not rise price and buy more steel. That why it is shortage. Only prestige (or rating) matter now. Without x5 limit a price would rise until poor buyers stop purchasing. Now you can buy.
Same with low price limit - overproduction, price stuck at x1/5. Without that limit a price will fall as much as it need to bankrupt extra producers (Well, except RGO producers, they have their own gluts solution, I don't say about it).

Last edited:
Oh, You did not get my idea. I wanted to say that price limits IS the reason for "shortages and gluts". For example, there is shortage of Steel. Price goes to high limit (23.5 in vanilla, IIRC) and stuck there. From now, there is no matter how much money you and whole world have - price would not grow any more. Even if you super rich you can not rise price and buy more steel. That why it is shortage. Only prestige (or rating) matter now. Without x5 limit a price would rise until poor buyers stop purchasing. Now you can buy.
Same with low price limit - overproduction, price stuck at x1/5. Without that limit a price will fall as much as it need to bankrupt extra producers (Well, except RGO producers, they have their own gluts solution, I don't say about it).

Right, I also said that in theory variable pricing would fix the problem. However, supply and demand tend to be very rigid in Vic2 because of RGO production, as you mentioned, and factory subsidies, and governments placing orders for certain goods, etc. I said that variable pricing wouldn't fix the problem because Vic2 supply and demand don't seem to change very much with price. This is its own problem.

Reactions:
Here's a fix I'd like to see - Make it so that when you have a truce with a country or your diplomats have been banned, you can still change the slider. Being unable to adjust the slider at all during those periods is really annoying and can screw up my influence micromanagement if I'm not paying attention.

Reactions:
- Looked at worldmarket.cpp for the first time in years

- Wept

No-one knows how they wrote it, but we do know they sacrificed a black goat and mysterious visions were seen around the studio for weeks after. Paradox only moved to their new headquarters because anyone who sat at the desk it was written on would begin screaming hysterically after exactly 37 minutes. And the programming language used is unfamiliar, but is believed to be a dialect of ancient Sumerian.

Wiz is frankly lucky to have escaped with his sanity. He was probably wearing the iron mask and the very thick leather overalls.

Reactions:
No-one knows how they wrote it, but we do know they sacrificed a black goat and mysterious visions were seen around the studio for weeks after. Paradox only moved to their new headquarters because anyone who sat at the desk it was written on would begin screaming hysterically after exactly 37 minutes. And the programming language used is unfamiliar, but is believed to be a dialect of ancient Sumerian.

Wiz is frankly lucky to have escaped with his sanity. He was probably wearing the iron mask and the very thick leather overalls.
Naselus, are you going to reform PDM if it is not compatible with the new update?

Reactions:
This is great news. So much passion for V2 I love it.
I often play multiplayer games with my roommates and the most annoying bug is that whenever a new nation is formed and you have to reload which is unfortunately quite common due to desyncs etc. than all diplomatic relations with this new nations are resetted including peace treaties and alliances. So we would be very grateful if this would be fixed in the patch.

Reactions:
I'm almost afraid to ask when it's gonna be released, as the later it is, the more bugs are getting fixed...

Wiz just tweeted that the diplomacy bug when forming nations was fixed. Praise Paradox !

Here's a fix I'd like to see - Make it so that when you have a truce with a country or your diplomats have been banned, you can still change the slider. Being unable to adjust the slider at all during those periods is really annoying and can screw up my influence micromanagement if I'm not paying attention.

Yes, this is incredibly annoying, particularly given what a nightmare the influence minigame already is. No need to make it more painful than it has to be.

Oh thank you guys. This is amazing! Best! Christmas! Present! ever!

Naselus and GAGA, considering you guys are the most experienced modders here, don't you guys have a wishlist of things you'd like to see improved?
Oh, I have a pretty big list of stuff I'd like changed, but we gotta be realistic here: What we get here is a passion project with a few days of wörk during spare time. That's not enough to do fundamental changes. I often need a whole week to tweak and balance just one aspect, so I know how time consuming this stuff is.

I'm not trying to fix the economy, just had to open that file for another thing and was reminded of old horrors.
*imagines tentacles lashing from the code, grappling everything they can get*
"No, leave the funny kitty pictures alone!!"

Wiz just tweeted that the diplomacy bug when forming nations was fixed. Praise Paradox !

Right, this means I just forgave Wiz for all of the changes he made to EUIV that I didn't like.

Reactions:
Are we able to release puppets now?

You sir deserve a medal for this.

Reactions: