• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hm, last post got rather big. New post.

August the 3rd 1941
An overview of the entire western front. As you can see, parts of both the Stalin and the Dnieper lines, are still in my hands.
ussr_historical_Western_Situation_August1941.png

In terms of total losses, on August the 3rd. Basically I have lost close to 1 million troops, 7500 tanks and what have you. This in only 12 weeks of fighting! Not Stalin's plan at all. But so far, no Red Army units have been destroyed in a pocket or overrun. So these losses are from actual front line fighting.

The Luftwaffe has thus far not played any serious role. This due to my defence in depth, with the bulk of my infantry deployed too far away from the Polish and Prussian air bases. Likewise, the Finish air force has also not played a serious role.
ussr_historical_Taken_Losses_August1941.png

Lets see the losses inflicted by the Red Army during those 12 first weeks. Around 600.000 and 2500 tanks. Not bad. In fact not bad at all.
Having your infantry dug in when those vanguard panzers assault, bombing them day and night too, seems to have worked out quite well.
ussr_historical_Inflicted_Losses_August1941.png

And still, here on August the 3rd, how many divisions do we have. Pretty much the same as we started out with, 3 months ago.
ussr_historical_Barbarossa_RedArmyOverview__May_4th_1941.png

In regard to the production, the first batch of infantry units has been delivered to the front.
ussr_historical_Production_Situation_August1941.png

A bit strange. Or perhaps I have lost 9 infantry divisions anyhow, been overrun, without I have noticed it? Because on may 4th, 12 weeks ago, I had 143 infantry divisions. I still do, even though, in the meantime, I have deployed 9 more divisions?
More to follow

Last edited:
If I may, you should not use your TAC/CAS to attack Axis units but to disorganize them, it will be more efficient on the long term. If you still want to attack units, then do it on MOT/ARM which are retreating.

Normally I would agree, but since the German AI is as overpowered as it is, I thought it would be better to destroy tanks. Otherwise, it will not lose that many. I think in one of the Stalin line provinces, the panzer vanguard did lose 45 tanks in a week long battle. Fighting only 3 of my infantry divisions, though all dug in.

When I saw that I used my CAS fleet stationed in Kiev, to attack the two enemy panzer divisions. They lost at least 10 more tanks from those air attacks.

Besides, at this point in the war, attacking their organisation, will only reduce it with 1 or 2 factors per attack, in fact sometimes, when the weather is bad, zero. So for now, it is better to kill panzers instead.