• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Handsome_Jack

Sergeant
81 Badges
Dec 27, 2014
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Starvoid
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Vikings
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Pride of Nations
  • War of the Roses
A great war happened in 1913. USA, France, and Austria (and all their smaller allies, including me as Chile) vs. UK, Germany, Russia, and Canada (and all their smaller allies).

USA occupies Canada. Germany and Russia occupy all of Europe. Then Germany, Russia, and the UK send armies literally to every single one of America's allies across the world, including much of South America. There were many armies of 80,000 men in Chile, Argentina, and Africa.

What did the US do about this?

Nothing.

The US had an army of at least 30,000+ on each province along the Canadian border despite them having taken over every Canadian province not long after the war started. 5 years later, they still hadn't moved any of their armies.

Is the US AI broken? Why can the other countries project their power across the entire world while the US does absolutely nothing?

The AI is notoriously bad at transporting troops. Also, they don't tend to prioritise helping allies. It's not USA = brain dead AI, it's everyone = brain dead AI.

The AI is notoriously bad at transporting troops. Also, they don't tend to prioritise helping allies. It's not USA = brain dead AI, it's everyone = brain dead AI.
Dang it, why is everyone so lucky? In my games, the UK landed 240,000 troops behind my lines and then helped the French turn my Northern flank as Germany. I got smashed in the North and my Italian front had troops taken away. And then the British landed 180,000 troops in Italy. What is this!?!

A great war happened in 1913. USA, France, and Austria (and all their smaller allies, including me as Chile) vs. UK, Germany, Russia, and Canada (and all their smaller allies).

USA occupies Canada. Germany and Russia occupy all of Europe. Then Germany, Russia, and the UK send armies literally to every single one of America's allies across the world, including much of South America. There were many armies of 80,000 men in Chile, Argentina, and Africa.

What did the US do about this?

Nothing.

The US had an army of at least 30,000+ on each province along the Canadian border despite them having taken over every Canadian province not long after the war started. 5 years later, they still hadn't moved any of their armies.

Is the US AI broken? Why can the other countries project their power across the entire world while the US does absolutely nothing?
They're just waiting for another country to sacrifice a third of its male population to turn the tide of the war before swooping in to grab victory. 'MURICA!

The US was kind of a terrible ally in the World Wars. In the first one, it was that ally that you call in because it has lots of troops, resources, 0 WE and you're running out of all of that. Then they end up giving the enemy 40% warscore since their troops are incompetent. In the second, they didn't join until after France got overrun and Germany was already trying to invade the Soviets, thus keeping a huge proportion of the German military on the opposite side of Europe.

It's like calling in Britain as an ally in EU4 or Victoria 2. They're kinda worthless in AI hands.

Reactions:
They're just waiting for another country to sacrifice a third of its male population to turn the tide of the war before swooping in to grab victory. 'MURICA!

The US was kind of a terrible ally in the World Wars. In the first one, it was that ally that you call in because it has lots of troops, resources, 0 WE and you're running out of all of that. Then they end up giving the enemy 40% warscore since their troops are incompetent. In the second, they didn't join until after France got overrun and Germany was already trying to invade the Soviets, thus keeping a huge proportion of the German military on the opposite side of Europe.

It's like calling in Britain as an ally in EU4 or Victoria 2. They're kinda worthless in AI hands.
The UK is quite useful in Victoria II because of the Dover Strait.

Reactions:
The UK is quite useful in Victoria II because of the Dover Strait.

Yep.

That single change made Britain far more of a threat under AI control.

Older versions did not have the strait, and Britain would sometimes let her allies die.

I have found the US a reasonable ally. But they tend to only send mobilised troops, so sieging takes forever with them. But none the less, a stack of 70-80k running around killing off armies in europe whilst I siege is only a good thing.

It is at this moment when I realize I've been playing too much HPM.

Vicky 3 Paradox, plz.
In /gsg/, even if the British can't get military access, they somehow manage to conduct these massive amphibious assaults in undefended territory such as a Russian invasion of Prussia, they landed around 300k troops scattered around Finland.
I have found the US a reasonable ally. But they tend to only send mobilised troops, so sieging takes forever with them. But none the less, a stack of 70-80k running around killing off armies in europe whilst I siege is only a good thing.
Yeah, it all depends on how many transports they have and what navy they're facing.