Upper ceiling for combat modifiers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Riaman98

Major
3 Badges
Dec 24, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
The game is easy no question about it, but atleast in the beginning of game there is somewhat a balance between the player and AI, but all that balance of power goes out of question, thanks to busted stats of Knights and Men at Arms. Whereas AI which highly relies on Levies keep on getting weaker.

Few multiples of Knights and small squadron of MAA shouldn't be able to kill tens of thousands of opponent's Levies.

Also levies need slight buff. Atleast with each technological jump.

And combat modifiers of Knights and MAA deserves an upper ceiling to give feeling of humans fighting humans.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I agree with your reasons, but honestly, this wouldn't be a good idea.

The AI should just be competent, nobody is asking for a skynet capable of abstracting and predicting human thought here, it just needs to understand the most basic rules of the game it's pretending to play, it's not rocket science, there is often only ONE building, plus a blacksmith you can place in your counties to buff one type of MAA, and the AI can't even do that.

It was quite a contrast when I played knights of honor 2 recently and I started taking enemy towns, the AI there is very simple, but very functional, I was amazed seeing as every province gets random resources and settlements, and the provinces with many villages had.... Village upgrades! The provinces with many farms had.... Farm upgrades! Compared to the CK3 AI this actually IS the skynet of AIs.

We're not asking for something crazy here, just the quality of AI developed in the 90s for games like command & conquer or warcraft 1, right now the AI in Ck3 isn't even bad, it's simply disabled, and building random junk everywhere, placing random MMAs everywhere, ignoring all the features released by DLCs (like accolades) or even knights themselves AND it doesn't even have a coherent idea of what it's army should look like.

IE: The king of france should have nearly all heavy cavalry MAA, the king of denmark should be using nothing but special nord heavy infantry, instead we have them using a mix of whatever junk is randomly selected, with no synergy, no capacity to counter anything, no bonuses, no terrain it excels at, nothing.

Even if the player was without any bonuses such an army couldn't work.

• 3Like
Reactions: