• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

napoleonb1974

Lt. General
60 Badges
Apr 15, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
Hello everyody !

I recently started an new AAR about Byzantium !

Does anybody know how to upload a photo that when somebody "clicks to enlarge" it opens in a new window ?

I want to avoid readers having to scroll up, down, right and left to be able to see the full image.

Thanks in advance !

Last edited:
Hello everyody !

I recently started an new AAR about Byzantium !

Does anybody know how to upload a photo that when somebody "clicks to enlarge" it opens in a new window ?

I want to avoid readers having to scroll up, down, right and left to be able to see the full image.

Thanks in advance !
Generally it's best to just use an image host like imgur and then using the bb-code tags.

If i may give my 2 cents and my own personal opinion, I hate it when I have to click on an image to make it bigger and get directed to another tab. If you have to do this for several images it gets annoying to always have to go to and close the extra tab. But as said that's just my own personal opinion.

I usually resize it to be around 700pixels in width in photoshop, and upload it to imgur.
However for my new AAR I'm hosting all the pictures from my website.

I do wonder if I should compress the pics more. every pic is around 100-600kb. what do you guys think?

I usually resize it to be around 700pixels in width in photoshop, and upload it to imgur.

I do wonder if I should compress the pics more. every pic is around 100-600kb. what do you guys think?

I think your AARs are legendary MacGowan, I wouldn't dare give my opinion. :D

But the problem is I want sometimes to post the whole screenshot of the game to show how the game progresses, for the reader to have the full image and understand that I'm not "cheating" in game through photoshop. " What you see is what you get", meaning this AAR is not out of my mind, but it is proven by the screenshots.

But recently I realized that a full screenshot is not something easily readable and I cut pieces of it and then I post the separate pieces. It was just a matter of gaining some experience from my part.

Thank you for your answer. It was an honor ! :)

Oh, wow, that's high praise. Thank you. :eek:
the problem is I want sometimes to post the whole screenshot of the game to show how the game progresses, for the reader to have the full image and understand that I'm not "cheating" in game through photoshop. " What you see is what you get", meaning this AAR is not out of my mind, but it is proven by the screenshots.
Ah, understood. Well I don't consider resizing in photoshop manipulating a picture, but you can always just send it to yourself on facebook messenger (it auto-compresses and resizes it for you).
But recently I realized that a full screenshot is not something easily readable and I cut pieces of it and then I post the separate pieces. It was just a matter of gaining some experience from my part.
Yes. It can be hard to balance. Because you don't want to bombard the reader with way too much information, but also you do want them to have information available. I struggle with that problem myself.
the honor's all mine.

But the problem is I want sometimes to post the whole screenshot of the game to show how the game progresses, for the reader to have the full image and understand that I'm not "cheating" in game through photoshop. " What you see is what you get", meaning this AAR is not out of my mind, but it is proven by the screenshots.

It is quite interesting, it is necessary to adopt your experience :)