• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

will90

Recruit
27 Badges
May 5, 2012
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities in Motion
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines
Is possible to add the feature for upgrade an existent road?

For example, I have road with 2 lanes (one for direction) and I want to make it oneway. Now I have to demolish the road and build a new in oneway, risking to demolish the buildings on road sides...very uncomfortable. The same when if I want to add a buslane to a road...is impossible or is there a chance?

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Agreed, at least adding a bus lane or changing it into one direction or back to 2 directions should be an upgrade option.

Is possible to add the feature for upgrade an existent road?

For example, I have road with 2 lanes (one for direction) and I want to make it oneway. Now I have to demolish the road and build a new in oneway, risking to demolish the buildings on road sides...very uncomfortable. The same when if I want to add a buslane to a road...is impossible or is there a chance?

Cheers.

I'm waiting for this feature since the game's launch!

If developers afraid about the balance, they should regulate this somehow (feature should be expensive enough or something like that...)

Yes, this has been one of the most important missing features ever since CIM2 was released. It's essentially impossible to upgrade anything other than perfectly straight roads without destroying surrounding buildings, and very difficult to maintain the previous aesthetic flow of a curved road if you ignore the annoyance of buildings getting destroyed. There's also the hassle of existing stops having to be replaced after rebuilding the road.

+10 on this from me.