• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bonglord69420

Recruit
May 30, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am wondering whether 1.7 would have an open beta. Personally I think it would be a good idea as this update is changing the game significantly with how foreign investment works and the new building ownership rework. Since these changes are so significant and the update was pushed out to 24 of June there is plenty of time between now and the new release date for holding an open beta.

This would both satisfy that itch players who are excited to experiment with the new changes (myself in this group) while people that want to play a polished version can avoid the beta. It would also help the devs get more feedback regarding the new changes before the proper release. We all know players are fantastic in finding edge cases and exploits which definately would be good to have worked over before full release.

I am just so excited for this update (especially the new building ownership and foreign investment) and personally I really enjoy playing a hot version and giving input into the product while its still being developed.

I wonder how the devs and community feel about this idea.

Reactions:
They've said no for 1.7, but they do want to do another open beta in the future. As they explained it, an open beta is more than just releasing a preliminary build for players, but really a whole undertaking in itself.

From the post on the delayed release:
An Open Beta is not something we will go for with this release, due to the time and resource investment going into running the program. This doesn't mean we never want to do more Open Betas in the future however! (I personally really like helping to run them)

• 1Like
Reactions: