• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The nigerians seem to have quite an army to the border!
and Poland is done for as it seems to fight a 2-front war

What can I say Khaz, I just have to sub this one (again)

Excellent.

The nigerians seem to have quite an army to the border!
and Poland is done for as it seems to fight a 2-front war

Yes , yes they do and its worrying me. I will face the issue of whether or not I will be able to still have a mobilisied army, which has been shown to not work in my favour in the early fighting, when Poland surrenders.

Also I have no time today, deffinitely Friday.

August 1940

2nm2k44.jpg

August 1940 brought varied news although it was largely good for the Croatian Army. All along the front it's forces continued to make steady progress towards the Polish capital, Jingcheng. However a growing fear in various circles was that Casamance would reach it first and annex anywhere Croatia hadn't reached.

14szjgw.jpg

A big suprise came on August 2nd when two Polish divisions were transported to Dongping and were advancing towards Guangzhou. Croatian Intelligence had failed to find any information that Poland had a navy. In the following weeks it was confirmed that the Polish Navy was only made up of transports for the moment. Eventually two more divisions were landed.

ohu1k9.jpg

11t04rd.jpg

The first attempt to recapture Guangzhou was a disaster for General North. His forces were caught unprepared during the night and had been forced to retreat from the few gains that they had made over the four days of fighting that had taken place. Morale plummeted however the Polish could not take advantage of this situation as a division lead by General Blake Loos, who had distinguished himself during the campaign, arrived in Bao'an. Fearing that they would be cut off if they advanced further north a series of defences were constructed around strategic points in preperation of a future assault by Croatian forces.

117ecdl.jpg

Casualties varied. Even in victory it was possible that there were more Croatian dead than Polish.

29f334j.jpg

The effort of two divisions aproaching from different directions forced the Polish to retreat from Guangzhou. Croatian Engineers were able exploit the weakest points in the Polish defensive line allowing the Croatian Army to pour in behind the defenses. The Polish abandoned them quickly. Once the province was secured, plans began to be made for advancing further south.

104rt6c.jpg

The advance into Jiangmen was a disaster before the day was over. Polish reinforcements as well as a complex system of bunkers devastated the Croatian forces when they were caught in the open crossing a valley. The divisions pulled back to the starting line and licked their wounds.

15qrs3q.jpg

A particularly bloody episode of the war came at the end of the month in Kuitan. It is believed that this was the heaviest loss of life of the war so far. There were reports of hand to hand fighting in some areas along with many ambushes by both sides.

1t3jtt.jpg

The Croatians had closed in on the Polish capital however Casamancian forces were moving at the same rate a long Polands northern border. The large mass moving from the capital was feared to be the result of the Capital being under siege. If Casamance were to get there first they would assume control of the port of Dongping, south of Guangzhou, creating another pocket to be wary of along the southern coast.

Appologies for the lateness, I've been tasked to do a presentation on a subject I know nothing about and have to explain it to people who know nothing about it either so there is a lot of background I've been researching. I beleive it's almost finished but there is still work to do for my other classes thus why this post only covers August.

I bet you wished you had listened to me before, now don't you? :p

Maybe you should have let them keep Guangzhou, so that when their new capital falls to Casamance it would revert back to Guangzhou and then you could annex all that remains of Poland.

Last edited:
Just like WWII right? With two enemies closing in on either side against Poland? Poor Poland...

I would just like to say that I am still alive. Uni and many new game releases have been distracting my attention. I will try to do a post either Friday night or Saturday.

September 1940

r0o2z8.jpg

Progress was steadily made albeit slowly towards the Polish capital. Croatian divisions were still poorly organised and after an offensive several days were spent trying to work out exactly the front lines were and who was positioned wrong.

34zj2g2.jpg

There was little hope in being the first to reach the Polish capital and and so the main objective of Croatia was to secure large tracts of land. Poland would become the rice paddy of Croatia because growing food in the mountains was difficult at the best of times.

do6gx0.jpg

By the 10th, Polands only port other than Dongping was now on the frontline and lacked any serious defence. Further north another isolated port belonging to Poland was close to falling as well.

11lkbwy.jpg

Shantou was captured almost a week later. It required far more resources than had been expected and thus it stalls the advance along the southern edge.

16hqf7r.jpg

Meanwhile Polish divisions in the Dongping pocket try to advance onto Bao'an however a diversionary attack was launched towards Jiangmen while another division is pulled away from the Nigerian border to assist as the number of Polish divisions had been secretly increased before the loss of Shantou.

23keo89.jpg

Although Polands capital had fallen the Polish army continued to fight on despite a notably higher loss of life in Yunxiao.

30ngh9e.jpg

Without any intention, two divisions as well as 4 HQ's were encircled at Zhao'an. While 916 Polish infantry and militia were killed, the HQ staff had tried to flee before resigning to the fact that there was no escape and surrendered. Reports of brawls between the Polish soldiers and officers were common amongst those who had fought at Zhao'an. Many had felt betrayed by their cowardice and blamed them for their defeat. In all, 32,840 men were captured.

ehets2.jpg

At the start of October, Poland was effectively defeated in the east with the last of it's divisions encircled in the mountains of Zhangzhou.

2agfiw.jpg

Meanwhile the Dongping pocket continues to attempt to break out into Bao'an. The construction of transports and landing vehicles had begun a few months earlier and a planned invasion of Dongping was drawn up. There was concern however that there were also a large number Polish divisions guarding the port that would either inflict serious loss or cause the landings to fail completely.

Is Poland in a Faction? Or do they have some islands that their capital can transfer over to?

No and as far as I can tell, no.

Go go the stubborn Polish defence against hopeless odds

Oh well, hopefuly they wont GIE when you take the last of their lands. Hate to see a repeat of Poland's history even further :p
I really would hate it if they did although it would reduce the amount of partisan activity.

Go go the stubborn Polish defence against hopeless odds

Now that's just encouraging me to anihilate them.

Was gonna do another bit today but stuck redoing essays that are due tomorrow... Also Skyrim comes out tomorrow so I will not be effectively off the grid for the next 3 days.