• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

darth254

Major
8 Badges
Mar 10, 2015
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
I just don't get war exhaustion in this game. I understand winning battles, blockading, etc, but it's just frustrating when fighting someone like UK (I'm Colombia, allied with US) who can have ALL of Canada occupied yet suffer 0% war exhaustion? another time I'm playing China and try to take Macao from Portugal (who is allied with UK), have Macao and India all occupied, which is like 75% of UK's population, but UK is suffering minimal war exhaustion.

I don't understand how a country is suffering minimal, sometimes even 0%, war exhaustion when they have an entire freakin colony or subcontinent squatted on.

I'm not positive, but I think it's the case that colonies contribute very little to both war exhaustion and, unless they're a wargoal, warscore.

argh that may be the way it works, but it just doesn't make sense. I can understand occupation of colonies resulting in reduced war exhaustion but this is just absurd, borderline ridiculous.

UK just never gives up in wars cause of this stupid system. It's like I have to invade the British Isles every freakin time I fight them or else the war will go on for at least 5 years.

Fighting (and dealing large amounts of damage to) armies and occupying regions of large industrial capacity contribute to exhaustion. Macao isn't particularly an industrial powerhouse, and neither is India. Destroy large armies.