• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You need to gain some factories to produce regular clothes. (build them, conquer them...who cares?)

In the Burgundy game I'm now playing for fun, I got more clothes by sphering Ming :) and Daxi will soon follow suit, that seems to work splendidly.

But in that game I clicked on Basra.............. so got 7 months to replay from the autosave :(

On topic, I will post an update later today :D

In the Burgundy game I'm now playing for fun, I got more clothes by sphering Ming :) and Daxi will soon follow suit, that seems to work splendidly.

But in that game I clicked on Basra.............. so got 7 months to replay from the autosave :(

On topic, I will post an update later today :D

I should probably notify people about the Basra bug...(btw, I autosave monthly :))

Chapter 12 - Tour de Monde (1854)​

1854 would be the first year in the Republics' history that liberals were in power, and they are a young party also. The Parti Libéral was formed only in 1850 after the Parti Patriote fell apart thanks to the Anarcho-Liberal 'revolution'. Under the leadership of Werner Zoude, the party soared in popularity, and managed to get elected to the Presidency. They have run on the promise of lowering taxes, increasing employment and security, and now it would be their mission to prove themselves.

1854Zoude.png

Newly elected President Werner Zoude.

The year starts off with another border incident in early February. Vinlandian troops have been ignoring the official borders recognized by the Seven Republics once again. President Zoude decided against taking action this time, figuring that the truce from our previous war would destroy the nation's standing in the world if not held to.

1854border.png

If they keep it up, they'll be sorry.

In the south, there are still Plantagenes resisting our rule. First we need to quell an uprising of slaves, then another bank is deemed to conspire against the government.

1854uprising.png

The fifth or sixth first Farmer's Bank.

Partially in response to the recent unhappiness, President Zoude passes through Congress a hefty tax reduction.

1854taxes.png

The people are sure to love this.

April 5th, and we are able to roll out the improvements to our factories. They are now running 10% more efficient. Improvements in the Market Structure are needed to keep our international influence up to standard.

1854research.png

Under the Liberals, industry comes second. (The people come first always!)

In May, we achieve two more discoveries. In the lumbering industry, Mechanical Saws can now be implemented to improve production a great deal. We also implement new regulations at the Port Valois Stock Exchange to enhance its efficiency.

1854discovery1.png

The nation is prospering.

In Port Louis, the clergy are acting up. They should be grateful for our rule instead of condemning us!

1854preacher.png

They're the only ones that can ever reach me.

Late in August, we colonize the last available area in Arcadia. The region of Baizehu is claimed.

1854Colony.png

Mapmakers do not like the Seven Republics.

The same day, a request is approved by Congress. This request comes from the colonial region of Terres-Rouges, and it is a request to statehood. They become the second colonial region to become a state, after Mississippi Supérieure applied and was approved a few years ago.

1854State.png

Trust the common man to get it right.

The only European power to have been bested in a war by us, Venice, finds its demise near the end of October at the hands of Austria. Another power ascends to the European theater.

1854venice.png

The fog of war allows us to only show the area like this.

1854cotton.png

A cotton surplus allows us to strengthen relations with Slovakia.

Late November, and the last remnants of Gran Colombia in Arcadia are placed in our sphere of influence. The whole region is now under our firm control, those not in our sphere are cowering in fear.

1854mexico.png

Donde esta la bibliotheca?

Christmas comes around again, and the timbering industry has refined their Mechanical Saw to be a lot more precise. In the Upper House, Liberal sentiment increases steadily.

1854discovery2.png

What will 1855 bring us?

Maps of the World: Nations by Continents.​

Arcadia
1854Arcadia.png

Ameriga
1854Ameriga.png

Africa
1854Africa.png

Oceania
1854Oceania.png

Asia Major
1854Asia.png

Asia Minor(Middle East)
1854MiddleEast.png

Europa
1854Europa.png

((Any questions on the maps, feel free to ask em! :) ))

If it pleases and sparkles, might I suggest that the map of Acadia be changed in a manner such as this?

Now I'm not saying it HAS to look like that... all I'm saying is that *someone* -- WHO, I DO NOT KNOW -- might possibly start a fire in the capital... and burn that mother to the ground.

But seriously, still enjoying this. Wondering what wacky antics could happen next.

I had a reaction similar to that when I learned about Kita Kaigan, but it makes sense in TTL since the Japanese kept exploring the coastal regions and stumbled onto Acadia.

So is it still Japanese or independent?

Also how developed is it?

I actually like his idea so much, that I would like a mandate that makes the author of this good AAR to ensure that the map would look like Reqinald's plan before 1936.

"Vive la État-Unis de Arcadie Septimanes! :D :D :D :D :D"

Last edited:
So is it still Japanese or independent?

Also how developed is it?

Since the Bakufu won the Boshin War, Kita Kaigan is independant. If the Emperor had won the war, it most likely would've been annexed by the Empire.

As for development, ehh...It has a very sparse population and...I think that's about it as far as development, unfortunately.

The world looks believable so far...except for the Ming blobbing out to Mongolia. But I have taken care of that in 0.7.1 so...

I'm quite enjoying this AAR so far. Is that Burgundy that controls western Australia?

Cyprus is indeed owned by Poland-Lithuania, but Crete is owned by Slovakia. And the Ionian Isles are Bohemian btw :)

Classic Austrian War over Friuli. Too bad you do not have the Partition of Venice system built to avoid this stuff.