• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Col. Blimp

Recruit
1 Badges
Dec 27, 2022
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
I loaded up a game save from a month ago, the game instantly crashes before reaching the second day.

I had a look at the world map and realised that Canada and restored United Kingdom has blank provinces. While Canada has 'Dominion of Canada' on it, Britain has got the old Union of Britain name on the map. Both countries do not exist in the diplomacy list and province core info displaces no flags of them.

1672178701008.png

I tried using consoles commands with CAN and GBR but to no avail, it says these tags do not exist. However, when I try starting a new game, Canada looks normal and the GBR tag works fine.

The blank provinces as usual cannot be interacted with setowner command, it leads to crash.

1672178734324.png

I also realised that there's no CAN and GBR in the history/countries folder, nor in the common/countries/WestEur text. Wonder how they appear in a new game at all.

I made some efforts to revert to the November update of Kaiserreich, but it leads to the map definition error which is well out of reach from my tech prowess. Thought it's easier to reconcile the save/update if it can be fixed at all.

Sorry to be a pain. It's such a great mod, I would hate to be turned away from the game by tens of hours of gameplay being wrecked by what looks like a syndicalist vius :p

Wrong forum.
This is for the Hearts of Iron 2 Kaiserreich, which hasn't been updated in a decade or so now.
You need the HoI4 subforum.